Thread: Publish Location question

Default Publish Location question

Hello to all,

I recently converted from a PC to a laptop. Used PC Mover to get software and files moved over. Worked pretty well. Then because I have Windows 8.1 on my new laptop, AND because HP couldn't get their Windows update on my laptop to work, AND after trying everything they could... they had me "Refresh" my computer. Never heard of a "refresh", but did as requested. Good news the Windows updater works now. Bad news the refresh deleted my NOF 12 software but thank goodness kept the data files.

Since I still had the NOF 11 to NOF 12 update download, I was able to reload NOF 12, Do all the updates, update Java and add 1.7 to software. All is working well except one thing, and here's where I could use your assistance.

I make a change to a website, published it and I used Core FTP LE 2.2 to upload to my URL. The change didn't get done although when I published it, a MSIE browser opened and showed the changes were done. I checked the "publish to" location and it looks right, and that's where I went to upload the new updated website. I refreshed my browser page (I use MSIE and Google Chrome) just to make sure I wasn't looking at a cached page.. Any thoughts?

Anything I am missing? Of course anything you can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you published to the location that Core was uploading from and the Local Publish location hasn't changed, then maybe there's an 'overwrite' directive in Core that needs to be checked. This is the case with Filezilla. Other possibility is that you've changed the permissions on the server somehow.