Thread: Calendar of appointments

Default Calendar of appointments

Hi everyone,
    First of all I love this product and can't wait for the next version.
    Having said this I have the following issue and welcome any suggestions you may have:
    I would like to create a calendar that my clients would be able to pick available openings for appointments and schedule themselves by sending me appropriate info via mail.
    Because this is in regards to Therapy I need to have confidentiality so that no client will be able to see names, etc.
    Just open or closed slots.
    I envision the following process:
    1. I give a client the URL page that holds the calendar
    2. Client logs on using a general password offered to client by me (same for all - I need to be able to set/change it at will)
    3. A small calendar with open or closed boxes for available vs. taken appointments will be displayed (clients will need to be able to navigate forward and back in time)
    4. If a client finds an open slot they can click on it and a page will pop to allow them to edit information to be sent to me.
    5. If successful, then that slot should be changed as Taken.
    6. the client will get a confirmation email.
    7. I will get an email with relevant info
    Please let me know if such a thing is possible via our software - (if not, PLEASE add it to the next version)
    Respectfully to all,
    Stan
    Last edited by StanMakrinos; 05-27-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo

Stan,

What you're asking for is a very custom application. Laid out very well in your description, by the way.

Can it be done with a site created in Fusion? Sure.

But it takes adding code with a dynamic language such as PHP and have its data stored in a web accessible database such as MySQL.

You're not likely to ever this sort of thing built-in to Fusion or any other web design program.

This is beyond HTML.

I do sites like this for clients, as do others here in the forums.

Certainly attainable.... with an investment in learning, time and/or money.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thank you Chuck for your response and insight.
    I can handle MySQL but would probably need to learn PHP (which is something that is not appealing to me right now - lol)
    Why not have an add-on for NOF-13 or NOF-14 we could purchase (at a very VERY low price - hehe) that might do these things?
    I have seen many complicated add-ons offered out there for many established major apps.
    To your knowledge is there one already in the market I could use that could interface with my site etc. (NOF)?
    Sincerely,
    Stan

Stan,

You appear to have a very specific need.

You can look on www.hotscripts.com or other script repositories. You might be able to find something close and then learn enough PHP to modify to suit your needs.

Or you could hire a programmer as a sub to do just the backend coding and get exactly what you want.

Not cheap, but effective. (-;
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi Stan,

I have just tested this MySQL calendar (from Werner of "Webbausteine.de") the other day and this is really simple to use. Unfortunately this is all in German but maybe you can handle the Google translation on my tutorial page. This is "Open Source" and may be used (for free) or changed as you like.

http://www.nof-tutorials.com/Kalender/index.html

The German holidays can be unchecked - so they will not be displayed anymore or you may change them. You can change all spelling to English in file "kalender.php" too. All scripts have very good comments to what is done (but also in German).

You just need your MySQL database and the script "installation.php" is going to set all tables automatically (you must call this file one time to install your database) after you have done all changes on file "verbindung.php" and after you have copied all files to your server. You also must have PHP 5.2 (or higher) on the server.

Set your connection data in file "verbindung.php" and you also set your personal passwords for the editor. In this file you may also set additional passwords for other users (as many as you like).

Then you just link to the CSS and JavaScript files at the "Beginning of the <Body> tag".

To display the calendar at your NOF page you just draw a text field to the width your calender shall be displayed and copy this DIV-ID into the "html code editor" of that text field.

Code:
    <div id="kalender"></div>
    Copy all files of that application to the same folder to your server, where your page with the calendar will be published to. You may call file "demo.htm" to test your calendar.

After installation you should delete file "installation.php" at your server.

These are all files you need:

verbindung.php - set connection to database and carries all your personal settings
    installation.php - installs tables of database (call this just one time to install your tables)
    kalender.php - calendar script
    demo.htm - calendar demo file (just for testing)
    kalenderscript.js - JavaScript file
    kalenderstyle.css - CSS file
    kalender_editor.php - call this file to edit your calendar
    Last edited by Thomas Frei-Herrmann; 05-28-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Hi Stan,

Very easy to do, no programming required. Simply use 4D Site Designer with NoF. Just drag and drop the components, tweak to your liking so it matches your site and done. It will do what you want AND more.

There is a 30 day trial that lets you do everything except publish to the web, but its built in web server software lets you make sure everything works as planned.

And the support is superb.

Here is one I whipped up in 90 seconds http://www.anglevalenews.com.au

Of course, there is a whole lot more to it with management screens, various types of resources to book, emailing confirmations, etc.