Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Not publishing changes

  1. #1

    Default Not publishing changes

    Hello,

    I am working on a site and made several changes and only a select few are showing up some of the new pages I have created are showing up in the broswer but some are not as well as some basic text edits I have made to other pages and the addition of a contact form. The changes are showing up when I preview the page inside of NetObects fusions but not when I go to publish the site.

    If anyone has any tips or suggestions that would be great. I am running Windows 8.1 currently.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Administrator Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick.murphy View Post
    Hello,

    I am working on a site and made several changes and only a select few are showing up some of the new pages I have created are showing up in the broswer but some are not as well as some basic text edits I have made to other pages and the addition of a contact form. The changes are showing up when I preview the page inside of NetObects fusions but not when I go to publish the site.

    If anyone has any tips or suggestions that would be great. I am running Windows 8.1 currently.

    Thank you
    Hi,

    Have you tried purging your internet browser cache? If not, please try this first. If you could also send me a URL, and specifically to a page where you are not seeing a change in content, and let me know what I "should" see, I can verify if the changes made it or not.

    Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi,

    Have you tried purging your internet browser cache? If not, please try this first. If you could also send me a URL, and specifically to a page where you are not seeing a change in content, and let me know what I "should" see, I can verify if the changes made it or not.

    Thanks,
    Thank you for your suggestion I just reset my browser cache and no luck again here is the link and the contact form you see off to the side on the home page should be on all the pages. The "product" is one of the additional pages i created and appears blank in my browser atleast. http://www.wildlifecontrolnow.com/pa...lnow/index.php

    Thank you for your help

  4. #4
    Senior Member franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    A couple of suggestions (but defer to Adam first). But I have found once or twice in the past that if I have used the Custom Names dialogue in Site View, it's possible to leave the file extension (.html, .shtml, etc) blank and this has been published to the web server without a file extension. And so the web server doesn't know how to serve that page and you get a blank page. Don't know if this is happened to you but worth checking.

    also if you have a contact form on each page (and I have done this before) then it's a good idea to put it in the masterborder (I put it in the right masterborder). That way it will always show up on all pages and you don't have to remember to place it on each page layout, call the script, etc.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •