Thread: Curved Table Borders with a drop shaddow

Default Curved Table Borders with a drop shaddow

Has anyone managed to edit a table to have curved corners on the border and a drop shadow?
    This is listed as a feature using css3 so is it a manual thing or something in the table properties I am missing?
    Steve.

Here is one way to accomplish the goal:

1. Open the CSS - Property Sheet (access from View > More Panels menu)

2. Select table in Design View.

3. In CSS - Property Sheet, expand entry labelled Box and enter values for border-radius (e.g. 8px) and box-shadow (e.g. 10px 10px 5px #888888)

Design View won't reflect this code but the Preview tab will.
    Last edited by EtienneC; 06-13-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: No direct editing of HTML needed

Thanks Steve, managed to get the shadow configured but not the curved corners!
    Test url HERE.
    Steve.

Just to save Charles having to pop in, take a look at http://www.ezround.com/index.php

Cheers for that, I have seen the ezround software before but I have always sliced my own images to use in a table.
    I just think that as NOF suggest in their marketing that you can make it all happen within Fusion 13... there should be an easier way with a tool specifically for modifying the style sheets!

I'll just sling my 2 cents worth in. Slicing images and placing them as backgrounds in table cells was certainly a viable way of doing it back before CSS was widely interpreted by browsers. However, especially with the advent of html 5 and css3, tables should be reserved for tabular data and not for purposes of layout any more. I agree an easier and more intuitive tool for modifying css in NoF would be desirable as there are several places css can be edited and not all of them work all the time. I also have had trouble editing css and having it 'stick.' Maybe in NoF 2015?

Waohh, just found what I was looking for!
    Bottom of page view there is a code editor button (I think this has been there for a few versions now), but when you click the CSS Property Sheet tab... you now get a drop down list of all the css properties that can be added including border colour, radius, shaddow etc.
    Happy days are here again, however... I do find NOF13 rather slow to complete tasks like changing page view, publishing, and adding components seem to take forever compared to NOF11/12.