Thread: How To Import And EDIT an external HTML page?

Default How To Import And EDIT an external HTML page?

Netobject Support can't help me, so I'm here. I hope someone who knows the answer can also explain the answer in a way that I will understand, click by click is what I need.

I have pages on facebook on HTML custom tabs that I want to edit. My custom tab HTML page that I want to import and edit on netobject is saved as a notepad or I can save it as an HTML page.

I'm not creating a site within netobject. I only want to import my code which is written starting and ending with the <html> and </html> tags.

I know how to create blank pages within netobjects.

But I do not know how to successfully import my existing external code into my blank netobjects page. In essence it will be a 1 page site within netobjects that I want to build and then copy paste the code back into the HTML tab in facebook.

To be clear, I cannot copy paste my external html page into my black netobjects page. And I cannot figure out how to edit code in the netobjects CODE tab.

For this project I do not need all the netobject code that is dynamically created on each netobject blank page.

Fusion is a code GENERATOR. There is NO code until after Fusion generates the html document so there is noting to edit as nothing exists until the page is created. Fusion is a database program that generates HTML.

You need a code EDITOR

There are several good code editors on the market.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Great answer. Why is there a command for "import external HTML"?

Quote Originally Posted by sitepacker View Post
    Great answer. Why is there a command for "import external HTML"?
    That is left over from the Fusion version 1 days when most people used notepad to create web sites and they were much simpler.

Fusion will still "try" to build a database from the raw code but it is like trying to rebuild an accounting package from printed P&L statements (hard to stuff paper into the drive slot and get any data out of it).

If all you need to do is edit a few words or code blocks then you can use any simple html editor. I've used homesite for decades but Adobe orphaned it a few years ago. Luckily it still runs under the new releases of windows but once it stops I will be using one of the other html editors I have to replace it.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

You could build a page in Fusion and then place a Text Box in the Layout and use Ctrl+t to insert your HTML code. Not the entire external page, but the portion between the body tags with the content.

This may not meet your specific needs, but it works in many instances.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

chuckj what I need to do is import an existing page, build onto that page, and then copy paste that page back into my site. Will this work?

By "your site", you mean your Facebook page I presume.

As Mike said, Fusion is a code generator. You could do your entire page in Fusion and do a local publish and then copy it into Facebook whenever you make a change.

But it's one way... you can't take what's already done and import it into Fusion.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums