Thread: Centering Pages Broken because of Google

Default Centering Pages Broken because of Google

My site has worked fine with centering pages via <div align="center">, etc. When I add Google ads (code in text boxes to display adsense ads) the pages won't center. When I remove the ads, the pages center again. I've tried this on a couple of other sites - same deal. I'm adding the Google scripts (728x90 banners) in text boxes in the bottom master border. Help, Google is NSAing me.
    Thanks for your help...

Solane
    Last edited by solane; 06-22-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Are you entering the code using Ctrl-T in a text box or simply pasting the code into a text box? The former is the correct method.

Yes, I use Ctl-T to open the text box and then I paste the code in. When I do this, the page will not center. When I remove the script, the page once again centers. Google provides the code as a cut&paste.

Sample page?

I had the same problem with the Adsense code in NOF 11. Everything I tried didn't work to center the page, except adding a <center> tag in the page html like this:

<!-- NetObjects Fusion Generated HEAD HTML-->
    </HEAD>
    <BODY NetObjects Fusion Generated BODY Parameters>
    <center>
    <!-- NetObjects Fusion Generated BODY -->
    </BODY>

Also, I placed the Adsense code in the layout area, aligned with other objects.

Is not necessary then to check "Center in Browser" in the Properties Palette.

I find that release 2013 is the first where the "Center in Browser" checkbox really works (I didn't try the Adsense code in this version though).

I tried the center tag as well and it didn't work. Nothing worked as long as I placed the code in the master border. But I solved it--it had to do with Google defaulting their code to "asynchonous". When I went back and selected the older "synchronous", oila!, it no longer affected the page centering, except that the ad itself wouldn't center. So I placed the code in a text box in a layer, and Oila #2!, the page (s) centered perfectly as did the ads in them. Another NOF quirk solver... I have a hundred of these workarounds from NOF4 on. I should write a book with all of them: "Why I love Netobjects and How to Keep the Romance Alive".