Thread: ZoomSearch v7 & NOF2013

Default ZoomSearch v7 & NOF2013

I'm trying to work my way through the Lansrad tutorial for integrating ZoomSearch in NOF. Unfortunately, the tutorial is fairly old, using former versions of both NOF and ZoomSearch. I'm stuck at the place in the tutorial for creating a search form on a MasterBorder. The tutorial refers to Form Regions, which I'm assuming are now replaced in NOF13 with Form Areas. But, I don't know whether I'm supposed to create a position-based form (Layout Region), text-based form (Text box), or form in a table, and then the Form Settings dialog boxes are completely different, not showing the Settings Action: and Method: entries.

Has anyone had experience using the newer versions of these products, and could help me walk through this? The folks at Zoom have told me they are not experienced with NOF and just refer me to the Lansrad tutorial. Thanks for any help!

Neil

I also have an old tutorial if you want to consult it. Different method than Lansrad's.

http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/sitesearch.php
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thank you so much, Chuck. I was working through the "Using the Zoom Site Search Wizard" from your site, and was not sure what to do at the very last section about inserting a PHP include. Your suggestion seems to give an easier to understand solution. I'll give it a shot. I appreciate your help!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    I also have an old tutorial if you want to consult it. Different method than Lansrad's.

http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/sitesearch.php

I wrote this multi-part tutorial on using the newest version (7.0.1001) with Fusion a few months ago.

Focused on "make it simple"

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4092
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you, Mike!

Neil

I'm still stuck. I'm sorry; I must be dense. I've tried to use the methods on both the BeyondFusion and GotFusion sites. I get the text to ask the visitor to enter their search information, but the dialog box and submit button do not appear.

Would anyone be able to help me--this is not quite what I'd like to do actually anyway. I'd like the search dialog box and button to appear on my Master Border for all of the Materials (www.childrensministriesresources.org) tabs, and for the search results to open on a new page. If you would like to log onto the website (the Materials section is private), use zoomindex for the name and netobjects for the password. On the Materials, Parents page, you'll see that I did get a search dialog box and button, but it does not work.

I would be grateful for someone's further help. I'm sorry to impose on your time.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I wrote this multi-part tutorial on using the newest version (7.0.1001) with Fusion a few months ago.

Focused on "make it simple"

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4092
    Last edited by neilruda; 06-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.

not sure if your still needing help... tried the login, but no joy. Am I translating things right - are you using Just Host as a server? Maybe you need to turn on something there on the server... in the control panel? just a very wild guess..

Hi Mike,

I think I solved it. I wasn't able to get the results page to use the MasterBorder, but it's at least working. I use 1&1 as my server, by the way. Thanks!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOhlh View Post
    not sure if your still needing help... tried the login, but no joy. Am I translating things right - are you using Just Host as a server? Maybe you need to turn on something there on the server... in the control panel? just a very wild guess..

Hi Neil
    I saw your request and like you I use 1&1 and am struggling to get the search box to appear. I have set up a Netobjects page and have the standard search text with the HTML box below, but like you when I was publishing all that appears is the text and no search box.
    How did you resolve this please?
    Many thanks
    Nick

Hi again - is there anyone who might be able to help me getting the search box to appear using 1&1. I am really new to all this, so am probably being a bit slow, but I am sure I followed all the steps listed in the gotfusion tutorial
    Many thanks
    Nick