Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site style Image and Masterborders ??

Default Site style Image and Masterborders ??

Im trying to get my head around this so any help would be welcome. If you create a website with a master border at the top, but you dont want the sitestyle image, eg. a double blue line, (that stretches all the way across the page and even out into the no-mans land beyond the edge of the page you have made) To delete this image, you have to go to the layout area properties and not the masterborder properties to delete it. Why is it deleted from the layout area if its in the masterborder?
    And why does this image break past the boundaries of the page and stretch to the edges of the browser in use?
    Lastly, on one page I'v done something wrong, I have deleted this image but it still shows up as a small chunk of image at the extreme left, In preview, outside the page area
    Thanks in advance, mike

That blue is the background.

Go to style view
    select background

then set it to none

Shazam... It's gone from every page.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Masterborder VS Layout area

Thank you for replying.
    1..Ok I think I understand, if you delete that particular component from the collection of bits and pieces that make up the style of the web page/site, then it will not be in the folder and therefore can not be called on by the scripts to show itself , am I right there? All the bits and pieces are in like a database type folder and Fusion just calls on the bits to be displayed on a page as it needs them? If the image isn't in the folder, then it can't be called upon.

2.. The bit I am having problems with though, is I would like to know how deleting something from the layout area, which is outside the area of the masterborder, can delete the image from the master border, I thought that the masterborder area is completely separate in every way from the layout area. Once you have designated your masterborder area, for example a 200 pixel deep strip along the top of the page, that you can edit within that masterborder area and it will not affect the page layout area, and likewise, anything that you do or edit in the layout area, will not affect the masterborder area. So I cant see how setting the background image in the layout area was the move required to delete the style image from the masterborder area.
    3.. If you do leave the style image in the masterborder, why does it break past the boundary of the page and stretch across the no-mans area of the browser, Im not saying that it looks bad, just wondering why something placed in a masterborder are ashould show outside the masterborder??
    I need to understand the basics 100% before I can move on to the more involved stuff, I'm not going to give up this time, as I did 12 months ago, and I greatly appreciate your help and advice.

Thank you for reying bluesman. I

Default MasterBorders and Background Images

Hi Mike. The blue stripe is the background image defined in the default SiteStyle. This particular background image is a 10 x 87 pixel Gif that repeats horizontally.
    Name:  Background.gif
Views: 644
Size:  99 Bytes

It is not "in" the MasterBorder, think of it as being behind the MasterBorder.

The background image may be changed globally by editing the SiteStyle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pagebackground-styleview.jpg 
Views:	1006 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	1855

or may be changed or removed for each individual web page without affecting the whole site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pagebackground-pageview.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	1856

I can understand what you say and it makes sense. I can also see very clearly what Steve Raubenstine said, like layers in Photoshop.
    So now I know how to get rid of that image and replace it with another one, or replace it with no image atall.

1..In "Masterborder properties" you next go to "Autoframes" and hilight the one marked "Top" now you see the image thats stored in the "Styles" folder, as if you just made the "Masterborder Area" transparent and show the site style image underneath (if the layers principle works as Steve stated) and also the layout area background picture, drops down to, and only occupies the "Layout Area"

2..Is there a way of putting an image on the Layout area that will not tile horizontaly across into no-mans land (off the edge of the pageinto the browsers margin, plain, area) so you could make a picture to just occupy the layout area?

3.. Imagine a guy or gall building a web site, they always tick the "Centralise the page in browser" box.
    They want a black base layer, that will only show from the edge of the page to the edge of the browser when viewed on the monitor screen. They want a master border at the top with a long image of a city skyline, but they dont want the image to tile horizontaly into the neat black margins each side of the page. They also want another image to occupy the layout region, but not the master border, and definately to not tile horizontaly into the black border area.
    It might even be nice to place a small image of a soft texture, for the page background, in the "layout region" area and for it to tile horizontaly and verticaly, but only within the confines of the layout region and not go into the masterborder and not tile across into no-mans land

This is the basics of setting up a page in Netobjects Fusion, Im a mechanical engineer, i need the structure to be clear in my head and to know how all the pieces fit

I promise you all that when I have this worked out Im gonna be the happiest man alive so if you can help??

Like this?

http://netodevelopment.com/stever/tm...-region-image/

Not as ugly of course, but same idea?

Here's a template if you want to see it in Fusion.
    http://netodevelopment.com/stever/tm...e-template.zip

Thanks Steve

Default So, im not loosing my marbles!!

Just found this in a manual for fusion 11. If there are many other points preceded by "oddly enough" I will have to learn Dreamweaver, and that's what I don't want to do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIK_7979.JPG 
Views:	361 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	1859