Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I shall never quit NOF! ...

Default I shall never quit NOF! ...

This post is in response to the ‘Goodbye NOF’ thread at http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...03-Goodbye-NOF

I used a few HTML editor softwares in 1996 – 1998 among which the most notable was ‘Internet Creator’ that came in five 2” diskettes.
    In 1998 I chose Fusion over Dreamweaver and FrontPage. I made a living until 2002 designing digital brochure style web sites using only and only NOF because designing web sites allowed me to work from home and to immerse myself in other more major studies.
    NOF bought me time ...
    After 2002, I used NOF for my own web sites over the many years. Now I do not have to make web sites for a living anymore. On occasion I make a very few small ones for a very few friends who only now understand the power of the Net.

I never had major problems with NOF and the little ones I had had been solved with the help of NOF enthusiasts in newsgroups or customer support and now in this forum.
    The only person I always had problems with was me, because I never underwent through a NOF formal tuition process with a teacher. I managed to do many things trouble free thinking that what I did was the right way. I printed the entire Help file when I bought Fusion v4, read it, and built mock sites many times until things went smoothly for me.

Yes, I made a full-time living making web sites with absolutely no knowledge of HTML or other computer languages. I religiously followed one rule: if it works, don’t fix it!

Sometimes I read what other NOF users write about their problems and to this day I give ‘Thanks’ to the Almighty for sparing me the trouble which I see others took.

People are free to switch to other web site builder software and free to also come back to NOF, but not me.
    I shall stick to NOF till the bitter end because of another major rule I observe: losers keep changing and changing only to come across more troubles which takes them to less knowledge and mastery while winners stick to what they know and what they have.

In my case, NetObjects’ Fusion.
    Thank you NOF founders, NOF support teams and NOF enthusiasts!

It's not a bad piece of kit.

It is not a programer's tool unless you understand the deep bowels of the program, know how to get there and what to do once you arrive.

For a down and dirty, slap it together fast, program it is hard to beat.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi, I do appreciate the unconditional cult of one software approach vs. another one, or one operating system vs. another one. It is marvelous to see such a loyalty. This being said ALL businesses react to the demands on them. Having worked in telecommunication software, I can guarantee that the customers expression of dissatisfaction (when legitimate) is both in the interest of the customer and of the vendor. If a customer does not demand, this customer gets nothing. If a company does not listen it will end up belly up. I am not yet ready to quit NOF, and I would be ready to be patient if I knew that the problems are being acknowledged and taken care of.
    Today, I have shortened my span of patience BECAUSE I GET NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT whatsoever from support! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by levendel View Post
    Hi, I do appreciate the unconditional cult of one software approach vs. another one, or one operating system vs. another one. It is marvelous to see such a loyalty. This being said ALL businesses react to the demands on them. Having worked in telecommunication software, I can guarantee that the customers expression of dissatisfaction (when legitimate) is both in the interest of the customer and of the vendor. If a customer does not demand, this customer gets nothing. If a company does not listen it will end up belly up. I am not yet ready to quit NOF, and I would be ready to be patient if I knew that the problems are being acknowledged and taken care of.
    Today, I have shortened my span of patience BECAUSE I GET NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT whatsoever from support! Why?
    Hi levendel,
    It's just a bad day for you, one of those days when nothing you say and do works.

Give NOF support a few days to answer. Why stress them AND you?

Take a walk, although life is such a bitch that even a walk will make you hate it.

It's just one of those stupid days and has nothing to do with you.
    You, just like me, are the same old, nice and well humoured guy ...

Oh, I do appreciate good humor, and my reward is when the other is laughing with me. On the other hand, like many other people, I do not like to be taken for a ride. Case in point, it took some eloquence for me to get an acknowledgement that NOF does not work right with high resolution screens. In the same mail, I am not very subtly warned that the problem is unlikely to be fixed in the near future. Guess what ! If the problem is not fixed, I am going to have fun designing a web page (with NOF) describing my experiences. Being focused on the web page, I may not be free to join you for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by levendel View Post
    Oh, I do appreciate good humor, and my reward is when the other is laughing with me. On the other hand, like many other people, I do not like to be taken for a ride. Case in point, it took some eloquence for me to get an acknowledgement that NOF does not work right with high resolution screens. In the same mail, I am not very subtly warned that the problem is unlikely to be fixed in the near future. Guess what ! If the problem is not fixed, I am going to have fun designing a web page (with NOF) describing my experiences. Being focused on the web page, I may not be free to join you for a walk.
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your input.

Is there a piece of software about which nobody can write something bad?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Good thread !!! Good initaiative! There's many complaining out there.

Gracias! Thank you! Tack NOF
    Hi Bluesman,

Nice of you to show appreciation ...
    Last edited by Since_v4; 07-22-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Is there a piece of software about which nobody can write something bad?
    If you think there are complaints here, you should visit the Artisteer forums And that goes for most of the HTML generator program forums, too. Trouble is, many (note, not all; and I'm not meaning you, Levendel) people who are not experienced web developers expect an HTML generator to be a full, all inclusive web technology generator with everything one could want to do on the web included for $79 or so. NoF is probably the best of the HTML generators and makes a darn fine try at a number of other technical requirements (eg database connectivity). But neither it, nor any other single piece of software, is capable of build a full, bells and whistles web site with all the technical requirements a company may need in its site. Use it for what it is, very very good at rapidly designing and developing the graphic front end of a web site. Then add the additional technologies as required. And if you don't know how to do them, spend the time learning like the rest of us and don't complain because one piece of software doesn't do everything you could possible want.

I like your attitude, since_v4; guess it comes from living in the Caribbean Where, exactly? And if, as it seems, you're going to be a regular here, a name in your sig would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    If you think there are complaints here, you should visit the Artisteer forums And that goes for most of the HTML generator program forums, too. Trouble is, many (note, not all; and I'm not meaning you, Levendel) people who are not experienced web developers expect an HTML generator to be a full, all inclusive web technology generator with everything one could want to do on the web included for $79 or so. NoF is probably the best of the HTML generators and makes a darn fine try at a number of other technical requirements (eg database connectivity). But neither it, nor any other single piece of software, is capable of build a full, bells and whistles web site with all the technical requirements a company may need in its site. Use it for what it is, very very good at rapidly designing and developing the graphic front end of a web site. Then add the additional technologies as required. And if you don't know how to do them, spend the time learning like the rest of us and don't complain because one piece of software doesn't do everything you could possible want.

I like your attitude, since_v4; guess it comes from living in the Caribbean Where, exactly? And if, as it seems, you're going to be a regular here, a name in your sig would be welcome
    Hello Franko,

Your input is always welcome.
    You must remember this:

The talented ones work in silence and loneliness (and pain) to achieve their wonderful goals.
    The not-so-talented ones waste time crying for mama to breastfeed them forgetful of any meaningful goal waiting ahead ...

I am a Caribbean man (and patriot) since 1991. Otherwise I am an Eastern European, an adventurous one.
    I learnt English in secondary school and fell in love with it because of Beatles and Rolling Stones.

My name? Hhhhm, for the time being I want to remain mysterious: The Anonymous Prince of HTML Generators, the Duke of Web Design among Internet nobility ...

to the original poster
    AMEN -- DITTO
    been here since version 1 (maybe even before that)
    made my first web sites by hand (using notepad)
    refused to pay some one 50K !
    I am not a PRO - but do pretty well as a hobbiest and making about 50 sites for me and pals