Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8.1: Screen resolution off!

Default Windows 8.1: Screen resolution off!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF2013 tiny characters in  update screen.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	1798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Site view.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	1799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design view.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	1800I am using a laptop with high screen resolution (see attachment) with Windows 8.1.
    Several NOF views have tiny pictures and text (see example of Site view and of update dialog).
    Same thing in the design view. In addition the buttons on the task bar are overlapping (see attachment).
    Bottom line NOF 2013 seems not to manage screen resolution correctly.
    Am I the only one to experience this?
    Last edited by levendel; 07-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.

what is your desktop resolution? if too large, things will look small, like I have one PC with Dell 30" mon at 2560x1600 and this is useless for Nof because everything is too small, whereas on my 1920x1080 PC, all looks well

what is your Nof zoom level?
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/Nof13/zoom-level.png

what size are property panel fonts set to? small? default? large? in application settings, user interface

also, drag the left of the layout property panel leftwards until it is the desired width and untick the use of small fonts in application settings
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-21-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Hi, my screen resolution is 2560 X 1440 (very high) and I understand the problem. NOF works well on my ACER whose resolution is much lower. But, I am not buying a computer to fit ONE program. Quite the opposite: I buy multiple programs to fit on ONE computer. In that sense, most of my other programs are aware of the resolution and adjust their display accordingly. NOF 2013 does not and the problem is pervasive.
    I have a similar problem with Revo Uninstaller Pro ONLY on their update screen. I sent them a message yesterday afternoon and here is the answer of this morning: "This problem has been brought to our attention and the next minor release in beta test will resolve this issue". So I understand now that this is a bug that many companies have avoided. A few others are fixing it. Did NOF 2013 support recognize this problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design view tool bar.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	1801Hi, I forgot to discuss the Zoom level issue. First, it can be used only in the design view while all other views are affected. In the Design view, the Zoom level is defaulted to 100% which is what I would expect. However, when I change the Zoom level, the toolbar is still messed up with overlapping buttons!!! So what is the point of adjusting only the zoom level in ONE view and still having a messed up toolbar? The property panel is not affected and it is set to default.
    The bottom line remains: the user interface is extremely buggy in NOF with high resolution screens.
    In addition, I tried twice to open a ticket on my support ID, and surprise, surprise!!!... The tickets are supposedly recorded but they do not appear in my list of open tickets. Another bug or a decision not to take feedback any more? Does someone know?
    Last edited by levendel; 07-20-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Forgot one item

yes I understand the fact that Nof does not dynamically adjust to desktop resolution, that is why I don't use it on my 2560x1600 display

however, I do have it installed on that PC and the toolbar is fine, it is not messed up like yours, can you reset the toolbar and see if it comes good

also, drag the left of the layout property panel (where mousepointer turns to double arrow) leftwards until it is the desired width and untick the use of small fonts in application settings
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-21-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them. However, I cannot forgo the computer with high resolution, since I bought it as a redundant fallback computer in case the other crashes. Most computers are going towards better processors and displays, so that I am surprised that this was overlooked. By the way, I finally got support to acknowledge the problem, but read the answer I got from them; it is preparing me for the problem not being fixed:
    "Hello,
    Indeed, I just tried to use this resolution on my computer and noticed some inconsistencies. I will forward this request, for support for higher resolutions to our developers. They then can try to analyze and fix this behavior depending also on the number of such requests. In case a fix is developed we will include it in one of our future updates/upgrades. Thank you for choosing NetObjects and being a valued member of our NetObjects community.
    signed: X
    NetObjects Technical Support"

Bottom line: I am a "valued" customer because I pay good money, but I am not valued enough to expect a product working correctly on a top of the line Toshiba product. If this problem is not fixed, I am going to open a web page to broadcast my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by levendel View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them. However, I cannot forgo the computer with high resolution, since I bought it as a redundant fallback computer in case the other crashes. Most computers are going towards better processors and displays, so that I am surprised that this was overlooked. By the way, I finally got support to acknowledge the problem, but read the answer I got from them; it is preparing me for the problem not being fixed:
    "Hello,
    Indeed, I just tried to use this resolution on my computer and noticed some inconsistencies. I will forward this request, for support for higher resolutions to our developers. They then can try to analyze and fix this behavior depending also on the number of such requests. In case a fix is developed we will include it in one of our future updates/upgrades. Thank you for choosing NetObjects and being a valued member of our NetObjects community.
    signed: X
    NetObjects Technical Support"

Bottom line: I am a "valued" customer because I pay good money, but I am not valued enough to expect a product working correctly on a top of the line Toshiba product. If this problem is not fixed, I am going to open a web page to broadcast my experiences.
    Hi levendel,

No need for anger here, we are aware of the resolution inconsistencies from our internal testing and they are bugged. I expect it to be corrected in a future release/version of Fusion.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by levendel View Post
    Once the problem is solved, I hope you are going to open a web page to broadcast that NOF is the best out there and that support is excellent.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Thanks for your answer. We are making progress and the problem is recognized.
    In order to lower my anger level and become cooperative, I need a clarification from you. Do you mean that I may have to wait for a new version and pay again or there is an update being prepared?

I do appreciate the humor of Since v 4, but this is beyond support: NOF 2013 is unworkable in high resolution screens not only because the site view and other views are tiny, but because the tool bar is messed up. Doing all kinds of workarounds is affecting productivity and it is error prone. It's not one issue, it's the whole. Clear and timely answers to serious issues is in the interest of everybody, and mainly of Netobjects. Signed: Since V 8