Thread: Displays badly on a tablet

Default Displays badly on a tablet

Hi all
    I'm fairly new to this but I produced a fairly good site for our boarding kennels, I tried it on Chrome/IE etc and it works fine but when my wife looked at it on her Samsung Galaxy tab it was weird it looked all squashed up!!!
    Any ideas or doesn't it work for both?
    Thanks in advance.
    Barry

Hi there,
    I had a similar problem: when viewed on a tablet, the buttons from sub-pages would not show up meaning that the viewer is not able to go through the entire web site.
    I am a no-nonsense guy, went home and added a warning on the front page:

WEB SITE NOT OPTIMIZED FOR MOBILE VIEWING.

I never babysit visitors at my web sites because of the value of my web site content and because I believe web sites should be viewed only at the PC at home in the comfort of the home for the learning process they sparkle to be fruitful.
    Call me 'old fashion' ...

I do not agree with the guy who wants to learn life-changing secrets while he commutes in a train scrolling through his Samsung tablet. I do my best to select the serious individual from among the many people who waste their time and other people's time.
    Last edited by Since_v4; 07-18-2014 at 05:17 PM.

I feel that keeping my content off of mobile devices saves lives.

I'd hate to find out someone scrolling through the hundreds of pages of content I present T-boned a school bus full of kids on an outing to the zoo or something
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Google 'Responsive Web Design' and you'll see just what's involved in creating sites that are responsive to various devices and you'll understand why. If you want to build responsive web sites, you'd better learn html, css and javascript thoroughly. It's never going to be easy for a code generator program to do other than by using a pre-coded template and that takes away the advantage of a program like NoF which lets you design pretty much anything you can imagine without being limited to someone else's template design (which artisteer, xara and wordpress, etc all do).

There are solutions, though, that can give you the best of both worlds. Coffee Cup sell a responsive menu builder; there's no reason you couldn't use this to create a responsive menu which you embed in your NoF design. You aren't limited to the tools in NoF; you can use many outside ones while using NoF for what it's great at - fast, easy and flexible front end design.

Thanks for that Franco I'll look into it
    I shall now do to you what Americans used to do to me when I told them I was from England."Do you know my friend ...... he lives in England"
    I can now say to you do you know my friend Tim Jones he lives in Tasmania!!!!
    Sorry Franco I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by barwood View Post
    Hi all
    I'm fairly new to this but I produced a fairly good site for our boarding kennels, I tried it on Chrome/IE etc and it works fine but when my wife looked at it on her Samsung Galaxy tab it was weird it looked all squashed up!!!
    Any ideas or doesn't it work for both?
    Thanks in advance.
    Barry
    Hi Barry,

Your post shows that wives always mess things up! ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I should never have bought her the tablet so of course it will be MY fault LOL