Thread: Pre sales questions

Default Pre sales questions

Hi

Ok first I'm a bit confused - your blog says V14 was released last month and your web site doesn't seem to even mention that?
    What version is it that's available?

1. Does (whichever the number) the latest include everything in project files including images and anything else needed to recreate a site from scratch?
    2. I can't see much of a specification - is mysql supported
    3. What does "integrated google analytics" mean - I don't allow that on my sites nor do I want SEO - can these be omitted?
    4. I develop offline which means "1 click downloading" of templates probably wont work if I understand that correctly so
    do you have them available as downloads I can transfer to my development equipment? (NOF would never be connected to the internet)
    5. Is paypal fully supported
    6. Is it possible to embed PHP into the pages
    7. Do you take paypal payment

I think that's all ...!

thanks
    F.

Hi Frigid,

You seem to be referring to the free version, the Essentials http://netobjects.com/html/free-webs...-software.html

1). I suggest you buy NOF 2013 the full version and forget about freebies.
    2). ?
    3). Do not bother with 'Google Analytics'. When you open a hosting account the hoster has Linux cPanel options where you will be able to stare at your web site stats every day ...
    4). ???
    5). If you have a PayPal account you should be creating BUY buttons and just copy & paste them on any NOF web page.
    6). I stay away from open source programs such as PHP but this does not mean you should do the same.
    7). Yes, www.NetObjects.com accepts payment via PayPal.

Good luck,

Thank you since_v4

1) Are there components or easy means of integrating paypal or mysql ? i.e. beyond pasting html
    Is there PDT support etc? or do components exist to marry the 2 for example?

e-commerce is advertised - exactly how is that provided?

2) I never allow development equipment to connect to the internet - so can I download the styles and stuff advertised as "extras" using ftp or http
    without netobjects fusion as the client.

3) Does a project file contain everything needed to recreate a web site -eg. html scripts graphics etc.

I think you may be a bit confused about PHP but for the record I'd never allow cPanel anywhere near my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by frigid View Post
    Thank you since_v4

1) Are there components or easy means of integrating paypal or mysql ? i.e. beyond pasting html

2) I never allow development equipment to connect to the internet - so can I download the styles and stuff advertised as "extras" using ftp or http

3) Does a project file contain everything needed to recreate a web site -eg. html scripts graphics etc.

I think you may be a bit confused about PHP but for the record I'd never allow cPanel anywhere near my sites.
    Hi there,

1). I have no clue about the PayPal / MySQL marriage.
    I personally copy the PayPal buttons and paste them next to the items I sell.

2). You must download NOF Essentials in a hurry so you can get all the answers you are looking for or you will waste time.
    However, I believe you must take the real step of buying NOF 2013 if you are to prove to yourself you are serious.

3). If I understood your question well, yes, with NOF you can make web sites (which is the scope) and you can delve into programming intricacies later, AFTER and only AFTER you have some experience with the program.

----

I have no clue about PHP and rest assured I have better things to do than to solve PHP mysteries.
    I used to earn a living as web site designer, not anymore now, and I hosted all my customers' web sites and I am hosting my web sites only and only on cPanel for the past 14 years.

Good luck.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Default Pre sales questions

Since_V4 please stop writing in this thread - it is clear you cannot answer the questions I am asking.

Last time of asking:

2) e-commerce is advertised - exactly how is that provided?

3) I never allow development equipment to connect to the internet - so can I download the styles and stuff advertised as "extras" using ftp or http

4) Does a project file contain everything needed to recreate a web site -eg. html scripts graphics etc.

MATE - I think its not just your user name that is frigid.

I never allow development equipment to connect to the internet

Then you must have a very painful time keeping OS and dev tools up to date. And how to you intend to upload your site?

By allowing you to create catologs of goods and linking to one of many payment providers / external shopping carts.

Does a project file contain everything needed to recreate a web site -eg. html scripts graphics etc.

Do you want all the work done for you? Then just use Wordpress.

Do you even know what cpanel is?

Since_V4 please stop writing in this thread - it is clear you cannot answer the questions I am asking.

You come in to a public forum, pose ambiguous questions and then get pissed off when the answers are not to your liking? See ya, nothing we can do to help you.

MAybe if you took some advice, downloaded the free version, played with it and then came back with a few logical and coherent questions you might find a bit more help. Are you clever enough to try that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    MATE - I think its not just your user name that is frigid.

I never allow development equipment to connect to the internet

Then you must have a very painful time keeping OS and dev tools up to date. And how to you intend to upload your site?

By allowing you to create catologs of goods and linking to one of many payment providers / external shopping carts.

Does a project file contain everything needed to recreate a web site -eg. html scripts graphics etc.

Do you want all the work done for you? Then just use Wordpress.

Do you even know what cpanel is?

You come in to a public forum, pose ambiguous questions and then get pissed off when the answers are not to your liking? See ya, nothing we can do to help you.

MAybe if you took some advice, downloaded the free version, played with it and then came back with a few logical and coherent questions you might find a bit more help. Are you clever enough to try that?
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Thanks 1FugleyKiwi! ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Clearly you have serious problems in addition to technical ignorance.
    You don't even seem to know the basics of how netobjects fusion works either.
    I seriously doubt you've ever used it or any other web development software either.
    What are you some Indian agency bod used to fill the forum with trash?
    Go away and learn and then you won't sound like such an ignorant idiot.

Thats another sale lost.

Thats another sale lost.
    And we should care...why? Clearly you have an agenda that never included buy the program in the first place. And since you were talking about Fusion Essentials which is free then it isn't a sale lost - cheapskates like you will always look for freeware rather than part with money for a good product.

And FWIW, this is a user supported forum. Sure, Nof support guys do come on here and help answer questions, but that's between doing what they actually do - support requests that are put through the, er, support system.

We don't like people who ask inane questions without attempting to find out the information for themselves first. We don't like people who are rude and don't appreciate that all of us give our time for no reward to help people here on the forums. And I'd suggest you stay well away from Artisteer because if you go onto their forums with the attitude you have here they'll rip you to shreads. Now p*** off and learn a little about the internet and netiquette before you come in to any forum throwing your inconsiderable weight around.