Thread: Cannot verify my serial number after upgrading to NOF 2013 from Essentials

Default Cannot verify my serial number after upgrading to NOF 2013 from Essentials

I was led to believe I could upgrade from Essentials to NOF 2013, however after purchasing the software I cannot use it since it cannot verify the previous serial number. I thought I would be able to use the software immediately upon purchase.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Dave

If Essentials is installed on your computer, the Upgrade version of 2013 will find the serial number and install.

If not, you'll be prompted to enter the qualifying serial number.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Essentials is installed and it cannot find the serial number.

I have also entered it many times and yet it still says it cannot verify the serial number.

Dave

Well, I thought everything was okay.

Tech support asked me to try a different serial number which worked until I exited out of Fusion 13. I spent most of the afternoon creating a website. When I tried to go back into Fusion, it tells me I have an invalid serial number and that I need to reinstall the software.

Now I have to start from scratch again since the reinstall will probably overwrite the directory structure and I'll lose what I did so far.

I imagine that since this was an upgrade, I have to reinstall Essentials before I can reinstall Fusion 13!

I do not want to waste any more time with trying to use a product that is designed to save time, but I cannot use.

At this point, I'll try it one more time. Otherwise, I am ready to ask for a refund and move on.

Too bad,

Dave
    Last edited by dmdcissp; 07-22-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Okay, after removing and reinstalling Fusion 13, with the serial number that was supplied to me, and upgrading and rebooting each time following Mike's suggestion, I have been able to restart Fusion each time without any issues. Hopefully, it will be stable and not fire out anymore issues with the serial number.

Maybe I can calm down a little now..........

Dave

And just a word of advice to save you grief in the future if you have to reinstall 2013 (which you will, from time to time). Don't keep your web sites in the User Sites folder created by NoF. You don't have to and it will save inadvertently overwriting them at some stage in the future when you're flustered. Also, make sure you have a separate path set for your NoF Backups and do export a template at the end of each work session and keep those out of the NoF directory structure also.

I keep my User Sites, my Backups and my exported templates on a separate physical drive. Not just for NoF; I keep ALL my data on a separate physical drive from where the OS and applications are installed. And that drive is in a RAID mirror.

Thanks Franko,

I appreciate it.

Dave.