Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After working fine, Fusion 2013 seems lost and so do I

you are installing from an incorrect file, you may have misplaced it or accidentally deleted it after purchasing the upgrade

also, you should have the purchase confirmation email and it should have a download link

the full upgrade version looks like the attached file name and file size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0348.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	1820  

here is the download link to the full version
    https://shops.netobjects.com/cgi-bin...=EN?mode=depot

you need to login with UN and PW that can be found in your purchase email (if you kept this email)

Hi Anton,

Thank you for the link, but I'm still going in circles. I know you mentioned a UN & PW that should be on my receipt. But I couldn't seem to find either.
    Below is the detail from my purchase email. (I did keep it carefully.)
    Thank you for ordering from the NetObjects Online Store. Below you will find a summary of your order.

Order Number: 300016190
    Order Date: 08/29/2013
    Customer number: 70015432

NetObjects Fusion 2013 - Upgrade
    Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, WinXP $74.95
    Download version

License Number

Login / e-Mail: barry@ques.com
    Password: AP61PCBHGb

Order Number: 300016190
    Order Date: 08/29/2013
    Payment: American Express
    Total: $74.95
    Invoice number: pending...

Still when I clicked through to the site they only asked for two things. My Login: which is barry@ques.com and my password which is AP61PCBHGb.

I immediately got this response.
    -------------------------------------------
    My Downloads
    You currently have no downloads available.

About Your Download
    You have been sent an e-mail that provides your order details and your password.
    If you have problems during the download please read first "Help" (see menu). You may re-download your software several times.

My memory was that that the first download took me to NetObjects Fusion 2013. It was only the recent mess with Java that I had no warning was going to be a problem that required I try the download file I first got. It was rejected by the session as I reported. So I don't know where I am. This has been so frustrating and caused me so much delay in trying to complete a site I worked very hard on and promised I would have it done. You and others have been very helpful in reaching out to assist me. By the way, I did decide to install Nof8 and went through the whole process but it ended up hanging. So I deleted all that and used my master NetObjects 8 CD which took quite a bit of time to go through, but I might he a help if everything else went wrong. I need to get to sleep now, but I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can solve this. My regards, Barry
    Last edited by Steve Raubenstine; 08-14-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: removed license key

hmmmm? let me test

I tested and I get the same as you, in that case you need to contact support and ask them to provide you with a fresh download link

when you made the original purchase, there was an option for a few $ to have extended download available

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I tested and I get the same as you, in that case you need to contact support and ask them to provide you with a fresh download link

when you made the original purchase, there was an option for a few $ to have extended download available
    Yep, but the buyer can also store the downloaded file in a folder on his hard drive or saved on a thumb drive just for those critical moments when re-installation is needed.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I just wanted to point out why the issue dealt with in this thread was so hard to solve. It all started when I got an unsolicited notice from JAVA that I should be updating its program (which I didn't even know was part of the NetObjects system. Had the notice come from NetObjects to do it, I would have immediately gone for the upgrade. Instead I did what I believed as someone who had been around computers for many years, chose as the wiser course, I went to the Internet to check out JAVA's reputation. Unfortunately there were a number of negative reports about it allowing programmers to possibly invade computer systems and cause trouble. Based on that, it seemed the wiser decision to uninstall the program, since I had no idea that would cause a problem.

This situation about the notice from JAVA, who I had never dealt with, and the unforeseen consequences that resulted from my uninstalling it, has to be a very rare set of circumstances which very likely has never come up before.

I'd like to make just two points in the responses about this unusual situation. One was when I made the original upgrade purchase, I'm sure there was an option for a few $ to have extended download available. But there really seemed no reason to do that. I always keep two copies of all the downloads I think I might ever need again, one is in a master download folder on my computer and an additional backup is kept on an external hard disk should I need it. So I wasn't concerned at all about not having the original download. It was there to be used. And one year later after the upgrade, I did use it. And it totally failed. The reason was JAVA had been uninstalled. So any extended downloads the company might have sent me would have failed as well.

I think this explanation also answers the other comment "Yep, but the buyer can also store the downloaded file in a folder on his hard drive or saved on a thumb drive just for those critical moments when re-installation is needed." Obviously I had done that, but this was a trickier problem that probably nobody had coped with before.

Anyway I will be contacting the company and hopefully will get this problem solved soon. By the way, if you have been following this thread I did decide to reinstall Net Objects 8 after I installed the Java resources needed, just in case it might do the trick, but even then it didn't get the problem solved.

Again thank you all for the excellent advice you gave me. It just turned out to be a tougher challenge than it first appeared.

Barry

Dear Franko,

Just wanted to update you on my attempt to install Nof 8 from unlimitedmarketing. It turned out one cannot do an install with it. When the original file was generated, it must have been from a copy that was set with a 30-day trial. That date is now long past so it properly refuses to do an install. You might want to remove it from that site. I was able to go back to the original CD I purchased and since the commercial product had been sold, there was no trial involved.

Also one other thing you might want to add to that site, though it would be different in format would be the URL link for users to go directly to the NetObjects Fusion 2013 excellent User manual which is still online and probably not yet converted to an Acrobat document. The URL is http://netobjects.com/documentation/...le_of_Contents.

All best wishes and thank you again.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Yep, but the buyer can also store the downloaded file in a folder on his hard drive or saved on a thumb drive just for those critical moments when re-installation is needed.
    yes, I have every version and all their updaters since Nof2 on hard disks

Nof 7.5 and Nof9 were the most rock solid ones

on my attempt to install Nof 8 from unlimitedmarketing. It turned out one cannot do an install with it.
    Funny, worked ok for me. You do, of course, have to have a valid serial number.

one other thing you might want to add to that site, though it would be different in format would be the URL link for users to go directly to the NetObjects Fusion 2013 excellent User manual
    Not really. I keep these files available for people who have lost their original installer and for some reason cannot connect to the NoF site, or for programs, such as Toolbox, which are no longer available on the NetObjects site. As you've pointed out, the current User Manual is available on the Netobjects site as, indeed, are the installers back as far as v7.5.