Thread: Broken Rollover Image

Default Broken Rollover Image

So I tried upgrading to 12, it was too slow so I went back to the freeware, and I'm up the creek again. I cancelled a file transfer when I realized it wasn't a single page transfer (the best way to do it with a site as large as mine, and now one of my buttons is showing up as a broken image. Thus far I have tried.

1. Unchecking publish changed assets, and publish that page all the way again. No dice.
    2. Unselecting Passive mode, and doing that again. No dice.
    3. Reselecting Passive mode, and trying to publish again. Still nothing.
    4. I deleted the button images off my server, and then republished, AND STILL NOTHING. Any ideas?

Have you done a Local Publish? Does that publish ok? If so, simply ftp it up to your server. If you're having problems ftp'ing then the problem is your server settings/permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Have you done a Local Publish? Does that publish ok? If so, simply ftp it up to your server. If you're having problems ftp'ing then the problem is your server settings/permissions.
    Yes, it looks fine in local publish, but things like that have happened with essentials before. For example to fix this I'm going to have to publish my whole 600 page site, and when I do that images might get messed up, the solution to that apparently is to toggle from passive mode.

Locate the image in the Local Publish folder then upload only the missing image using a free FTP client like FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/) rather than republishing the whole site. With a 600 page site, it's not unheard of to have a transmission error that may affect an image.