Thread: Original Fusion Essentials (7.5) will no longer install - registration fails

Default Original Fusion Essentials (7.5) will no longer install - registration fails

Hi,

I've been using NOF since version 4 and still have a number of sites based on the original Fusion Essentials 7.5. I've recently upgraded my desktop PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro and need to reinstall the old version of Fusion Essentials 7.5 under Windows 7. I know there is now a new Fusion Essentials 13 but that wont import templates generated with the old version 7.5 and to be honest I really just need the features of the old version to maintain these legacy sites.

When I try to install the old version on my Windows 7 Pro 32bit PC it gets to the point where it tries to register then after a while stops with a message saying that the attempt to connect with the registration URL failed!

Has the original registration URL been deliberately taken down by NetObjects (since the release of Essentials v13 perhaps) or is there some other cause?

I have tried installing as Administrator, installing from windows safe mode etc. to no avail - same problem every time.

I know the old version of Essentials installed and worked under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit because I installed it on my laptop about 6 months ago.

Please tell me it is possible to still install Essentials 7.5 on my Windows 7 system - any ideas?

Regards

Mike

I have exactly the same problem except I'm trying to move from Vista to 8.1.
    The 7.5 version won't install and the 2013 version won't import the 7.5 template or read the website, which the old 7.5 did do.
    The only option I seem to have is to rebuild both websites from scratch which ain't going to happen.
    I'd rather switch to some other product that will import the website.
    Have I missed something?
    What options are there for moving NOF Essentials to new versions of windows?

Hi hotshotdave,

Just for your information I also opened a support ticket with NetObjects on this same topic 5 or 6 days ago and have had no response from support whatsoever so far!

I really do hope they haven't just abandoned all of us who used the original NOF Essentials (7.5) to develop sites. I have been using NOF since version 4 and have paid for upgrades right up to version 12. I used Essentials (7.5) because I found it the easiest to use and most stable to be honest.

I do hope NetObjects can (and are willing to) resolve this problem for us.

Mike