Thread: Nof database components - php

Default Nof database components - php

I also find it crashing - very disturbing! especially when trying to set up db components which is not working either. AND IT CRASHES OFTEN.
    Please inform me as to how to set up a new thread. I do not find info as to how to start new thread
    I need to start a new thread to talk about db components. Since I am putting in hours and hours and not getting proper results I will in the mean time list some of my problems here!
    a - on a page (home) I have a form to display the records. it displays it correct. set up as per tutorial
    b - on another page I have addinfo - as per tutorial
    c - on addinfo I have a connector, below that if, below that 1 field of input {text field (firstname), next to the textfield formfield (name = firstname) },below that submit, below that if (else), below that as text "empty"), below that If (endif) and below that db component Insert
    HOWEVER, when I navigate from the home page to the addinfo page, without pressing submit, a new record is generated - as a record with no information in it!
    In the if i have a condition "recordset2.firstname is not equal to form.firstname and from.firstname is not empty"
    When pressing the "submit" without any data in the field the form gets submitted - never mind the "duplicate entry" part and if name is already in database it still submit now a duplicate entry.

OF INTEREST

WHEN I NAVIGATE TO "ADDINFO" FROM THE HOME SCREEN I SEE "EMPTY" AND THE INPUT AREA. AFTER I CLICK ON SUBMIT I SEE "FIRSTNAME"

AND EVERY TIME I NAVIGATE FROM "HOME" TO "ADDINFO" AND THEN CLICK ON "SUBMIT" 2 SETS OF DATA - ONE EMPTY THE OTHER WITH THE NAME INSERTED IN DATA FIELD!!

THE ABOVE CAN BE VIEWED AT http://forumwiki.comze.com/home.php

PLEASE LET ME HAVE A SCRIPT TO CHECK WHEN IT CRASHES TO REPORT BACK TO YOU!
    PLEASE HELP WITH "IF" THAT DOES NOT CHECK THE CONDITIONS
    PLEASE HELP WITH SEQUENCE OF IF CONDITIONS
    PLEASE HELP WITH ERROR IF FORM SUBMITTED WITHOUT DATA - "empty" THEN APPEARS NEXT TO INPUT FIELD
    PLEASE HELP WITH DUPLICATE SUBMISSION

I KNOW YOU ARE ALL BUSY - BUT I AM TRYING TO BUILD A COMPANY REGISTRATION SUBMISSION DOCUMENT AND I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.

I TRIED TO BUILD A LOGIN FORM BUT ABANDONED IT SINCE IT DOES NOT CHECK FOR USERNAME AND PASSWORD - PERHAPS BECAUSE OF SAME REASONS AS ABOVE PROBLEMS.

NOTE - IN THE CONNECTOR I HAD CONDITIONS AS PER TUTORIAL BUT IT WAS OF NO CONSEQUENCE!!

Kind regards
    Charles

When I compiled the message originally there was an action in the submit button action field! (register.php)
    With that in and when I click on submit the register.php page opens.
    However nothing gets submitted to the database!
    When I take the action out - then obviously the register.php page does not open when submit is clicked - but the entry is inserted in the database!

FURTHER TO THE ABOVE: THE DATA SOURCE SHOWS "ENDIF" IS MISSING!!!
    Last edited by charles135; 09-05-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION