Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scroll only Page & Not Master Page border

Default Scroll only Page & Not Master Page border

Hi All

This is my first post of probably a few to come. I am new to Netobjects and would like some advice on some of the features.

Well here goes number 1 of many!

I would like my pages to scroll down but would like the Master Page Border Background to be still and not scroll down with the page.

Can anybody assist me with this?

I have learned that it is best to post a url - www.premjeegroup.com

The background image isn't in the MB. You set it in the Manage Styles box.

Style View -> Manage Styles -> Body. Select Edit. Select Background Tab. Set Image to your background image. Attachment Fixed. Repeat: None. Image: Horizontal: Center, Vertical: Top. Click OK

It's the Attachment Fixed selection that fixes the image at the top of the page.
    Last edited by franko; 09-08-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Can we fix the whole master border at the top of the browser and have the page scroll under it ?

In NoF only by using frames which are no longer part of the html 5 specification and I wouldn't recommend. You can do it by using html 5 and javascript but not automatically in NoF; you'd have to code it yourself. You may find the appropriate scripts on the internet - try dynamicdrive.com.

Thanks Franko. Had a look there but couldnt see menus that specifically floated at the top of the browser. Im managed to get it partially working but have to hack into the published file each time and change a div line. It would be easy if the whole top master border could be told to stay put. I tried seeting it css parameter to top:relative, but that seemed to have no effect.

You could try AllWebMenus (many folks here use it) or CSS3Menus. Yep, you have to pay for them but you also get a very powerful, portable CSS as well as image/javascript menu system.

I've used and supported Fusion users with AllWebMenus for years.

There's a free Fusion component for it that works great.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Franko - Chuckj - Ive downloaded the Allwebmenus demo - a bit of a learning curve there to integrate it into NOF, especially if I want it to be 'responsive' with a ipad style drop down menu (that would extend ourside the NOF master border, so not sure how that will work out, and I couldnt see where that style menu exists in AllWebMenus ..... onward

Check out my AWM tutorial here: http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/tutorial-awm.php

It'll help shorten that learning curve. (-;
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Chuckj - that's got it all installed etc.
    Do you know where it shows how to use AWM to make the three bars type menu that is used on ipads/smart phones ?