Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems publishing

Default Problems publishing

Followed the steps to publish my site as shown in "Publishing Your Site". When I published locally, all files showed "never published". The web browser opened as it was supposed to. I can navigate the site perfectly. Yet, when I try to open the site through a web browser, I get a 404 error. What is the deal?

joe

Just as I thought. A rip-off. Try to publish, box opens showing publish progress, box closes after reaching 100%. Last remote publish and last local publish show never published. Enter site address in browser, receive 404 error.

Can I have my money back?

Default Problems publishing

A "rip-off"; seriously? There are a few conditions that may prevent publishing. They include not using the latest build, not having 32bit Java installed or just plain old user error. Let's go thru them; we don't want you to feel like your free cd was a rip off.

Please verify the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-20_11-31-10.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	1850

• NetObjects Fusion is configured to use the installed version of Java. See here:http://teamneto.com/tutorial/java-settings/
    • Your Publish settings are correct. Double check the path and the URL, they're often different.

Name:	2014-09-20_11-50-50.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	1851

• The "Don't Publish" check box is unchecked.

Name:	2014-09-20_11-53-08.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1852

Followed instructions from your post. Tried to publish to web. Unable. When transfer progress showed 100%, last remote published showed never published. 404 error in IE when tried to open site in browser.

And I do not have a free cd. Damn expensive download. That keeps freezing. Finding unstable files. Get the message.

Just a thought. Do you have the correct extension selected in Site View. I had this problem once many years ago and found it was due to an incorrect extension being set, in that case I think it was .php being selected when there were no php scripts on the page and I don't run a web server or php on my PC. I do on my web server but that site wasn't calling any php scripts so the php interpreter didn't know what to do with the page.

I also once found that I had no extensions selected in Site view, somehow I'd selected a blank instead of .html extension. And NoF, instead of adding a default html extension published the pages without an extension. Hence they could not be displayed in the browser when called from the server. They displayed okay on my PC as they have with yours.

Checked tools>options>current site. PHP is selected. Other option is ASP. Site generation is HTML 4.01 with Tables. May be a dumb statement but I can find no way to publish without a .html extension. I'll change PHP to ASP and see what happens. Thanks.

Publishing was a no-go. The local pane still showed never published and IE gave a 404 error.

Played with some settings and site is up.

"Thank you Steve and Frank for your help!"