Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site style Image and Masterborders ??

Default Silly Me !!

I got so wound up with background image, that I forgot, I can simply select the picture tool and fill the masterborder area or the layout area with a picture and job done.

I am looking for the simple procedure of having one picture in no-mans land (edge of created page, to edge of person viewing websites monitor screen)
    One picture on the non master border (layout? area) for a nice texture behind the body text.
    And one picture in the masterborder.

Not to much to ask for.

Is there a correct procedure for this?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to accomplish. Do you have a link to a page that looks like what you're describing?

I think what he wants is a scalable background image that extends to the width of the browser window as the browser window is scaled. To Mike - there are a number of scripts available on the internet that do this. You can try this one, putting the script between your head tags:

<style type="text/css">
    html {
    background: url(../assets/images/DeinHintergrundbild.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;
    }
    </style>

For the second part of your question, simply set the background image for the layout or layout region (I use layout regions when I do this) to whatever image you want. As it's the layout's or layout region's background you can place whatever content you want over the top of it.

Default Hello Franko

Good to hear from you again, you helped me out 12 months ago, but I gave up in the end. I'm not going to give up this time.

That's ok. You can send me a case of Caffrey's later

How you know about Caffreys, have you visited Ireland?

I think that my problem is I have to many questions to ask, I'm just finding out how to make work and I need to know the fundimentals first, theres no youtube for this kind of thing and I have a fusion 11 book but sometimes I cant see the answer in a plain way in the book.
    I have a question, the masterborder area behaves differently, iof you click in the area of the masterborder, to bring up the tool window"masterborder properties" and then click autoframes and hilight eg. the grey box marked "top" do this and the masterborder now does not let the background picture from the layout area, into the masterborder area.
    Also the tab in the masterborder area is called masterborder before doing this move, and after its called top.
    I think that hilighting the grey box, makes the masterborder into a frame, what is it before its a frame, why would you want it a frame or in the not frame state
    Whats the difference and advantages of both states?????

I aint giving up this time!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeconcannon View Post
    How you know about Caffreys, have you visited Ireland?

I think that my problem is I have to many questions to ask, I'm just finding out how to make work and I need to know the fundimentals first, theres no youtube for this kind of thing and I have a fusion 11 book but sometimes I cant see the answer in a plain way in the book.
    I have a question, the masterborder area behaves differently, iof you click in the area of the masterborder, to bring up the tool window"masterborder properties" and then click autoframes and hilight eg. the grey box marked "top" do this and the masterborder now does not let the background picture from the layout area, into the masterborder area.
    Also the tab in the masterborder area is called masterborder before doing this move, and after its called top.
    I think that hilighting the grey box, makes the masterborder into a frame, what is it before its a frame, why would you want it a frame or in the not frame state
    Whats the difference and advantages of both states?????

I aint giving up this time!!
    Frames = separate html documents (a "top" frame is a separate document/page that displays above the content document/page)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwYIAWjCMg

Does this help with understanding frames?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Forget frames. They're a hangover from the 1990s and are not supported in html 5 (they therefore shouldn't be an option in NoF when the output is set to html 5 or html 5 dynamic. If they are, then that's something else that needs to be fixed). They are death as far as SEO goes.

So you would only use a frame if you wanted to show a page of another website, without encouraging the user to leave your website? never to be used within your own website, do I have that right?
    And how would you set your NOF dynamic or static HTML ?
    Last edited by mikeconcannon; 09-24-2014 at 08:13 PM.

To display content from an external web page (or even another in your own site), you would use an iFrame (inline frame), not a frameset.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums