Thread: Nod file gone missing

Default Nod file gone missing

Hello. I hope someone will help me. I am new to website building, and thought that NOF would help. It has, but now I have a big problem. I went to make some alterations to my site today and when I loaded NOF, the NOD file for my website was gone, as were the two backups I made. The only one left was one where I try new things before I try to do them on the site (and usually fail). I wonder, could anyone please give me any advise as to how to get my site back into NOF so I can make changes please? I am not new to computers, but do not consider myself to be great with them. I get by. Some of us older flk are not as good as other you know!

Have you checked the recycle bin to see if the folders/files are there? If so, simply restore them. If not, then you've moved them somewhere else on your computer - do a search.

Hello Franko. I looked in my recycle bin as you suggested. They were not there. I did a search for .nod files, and found nothing. But then I did a search for files named similar to the individual pages of my site, and found them. The extensions had been changed!! Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Looking back now, it seems so simple, but I had exhausted myself before looking for the wrong thing!
    Thank you again.
    Newish user, just looking to get by with a little help from her friends.

No worries. Glad to help.