Thread: JavaScript Alert-Adobe Flash player keeps preventing NavigationBar.swf on NOF12

Default JavaScript Alert-Adobe Flash player keeps preventing NavigationBar.swf on NOF12

I have been having problems with local publishing on NOF12. My OS is Vista. When I try to publish I get "Can't copy file: C:\Users\R. D. HARGAALGA\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\rdh22a1a hargaalga\Styles\Welcome - Sun\Flash\NavigationBar.swfThe requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open." (Details attached: rdh22a1a..) I have tried "Re Optimize" (as recommended from Support) on previous website and on this one to no avail.

Before this, every time I tried previewing, I was always getting JavaScript Alert warning me that Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation by NavigationBar.swf (See attached NOF12 JavaScript Alert).

This issue has been dragging on for months. Does anyone have a solution?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF12-JavaScript Alert.JPG 
Views:	481 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	1865  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes. Don't use flash navigation bars. There is absolutely no reason to do so (and I have no idea why these hangovers from the pleistocene era continue to be in Fusion) and they will not display on any iOS device. Also the latest iterations of flash player have an upgraded security inbuilt which requires explicit permission granted each time they're called.

Swap your nav bars for the ordinary JQuery nav bars in Fusion or use one of the many excellent CSS or JQuery menu systems available on the web, many of which are free. And if you have the budget I'd recommend AllWebMenus which has a Fusion component available to make it easy to use with Fusion.

I think this is interesting, but as a nooby it's hard to tell.
    My vertical navigation buttons only work when previewing if Java is enabled in Firefox. Are they the JQuery ones you refer to? They came as part of a template in V9.1 which I'm trying to move to V12. Do most people have Java enabled? I for one didn't.
    My original query was how many layers will fly out navigation buttons support, I hit the wall at 3, but would like 4, and this thread turned up in a search.

Nik

Thank you very much. Kindly show me how to do the swaping between navigation bar and JQuery on this website.

In Page View click on the nav bar, in Properties click on the Type pull down and select graphical.

I have done as you suggested. However I still got the JavaScript Alert when I tried to preview. I wanted to attached a shot of menu as had amended. No link for additional attachment. I am investigation JQueri and CSS on Google. I wish you could through some light on use of grafic instead of flash. I would have preferred it for simplicity.

If you're still getting the flash warning as in your original post then you still have flash on your site. You should be able to simply allow it. If, however, you're previewing in IE then you will get a javascirpt warning when you preview because IE by default doesn't allow active content from the local computer. You have to click to allow it each time you publish. Best remedy for this is not to preview with IE but with FF or Chrome and then you won't get that warning. It would help if you posted a screenshot(s) of what you are actually seeing when you preview.

Default I can preview but cannot publish owing to NavigationBar.swf

Hi Franco.
    I did as you suggested by changing the Navigation bar to graphic. I do my preview on Chrome. Previewing is not a serious concern as I get preview when I keep clicking OK each time the alert shows up. (Attached grafical navBar.) You will notice that the navBar in attached screen shot is now displaying grafic.

Problem is I want to publish my website. I need to first carry out local publish. That is where the problem rally is. I get error log as shown on attached report. (localPublish-10 pdf.

I wish you had solution for that. The .swf is the root of the problem. I appreciate your assistance. i wished it were crowned with success.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF12-Grafical navBar.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	1871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF12-Grafical navBar2.JPG 
Views:	445 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	1872  

In Assets view, delete unused assets and then verify all assets. Manually delete any that have a 0 bytes size. Then in Site View export a template making sure to UNcheck the include all assets checkbox. Then create a new site from the template giving it a new name. Try to publish again and see if you have the same issue (you still have your old site if this doesn't solve the problem).

Default NOF12 is now obsolete-navigation bar .swf files incompatible with Adobe flash player

I could not implement your suggestions sooner because I have been ill. (I am 72 and often down with malaria.) I have carried out your suggestion religiously. The New file name is rdh22a1ahargaalga1.nod The issues have remained. (See attached error report.) This means one thing, namely, NOF12 is now obsolete. Its navigation bar .swf files are incompatible with Adobe flash player. Their Support department has been unable to help resolve the issues for months. I am one dissatisfied customer. I started with Essentials before moving up to NOF12. After years of patronizing them, now this disappointment. I feel angry.