Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot publish page - locally or remotely :(

Default Cannot publish page - locally or remotely :(

I migrated sites from NOF MX to NOF Essentials and things got moved around. All was fine until I got rid of NOF MX and now I cannot publish one of my websites. I get the error message "The Page has not been generated. Check that the location of the page or its embedded objects has not changed". I'm not sure what to look for or where to look. All the photos are in the correct place.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me

Aline

MX was back around 2002. Depending on how you migrated your site you may well find there are many anomalies between a program designed almost 15 years ago for an early windows XP and the current Essentials, which, although it is named Essentials 2013 isn't NoF 2013.

If you migrated your site using the correct method, that is, Verify Assets, Delete unused assets, Export as template, create New Site from Template and then go page by page ensuring any components, etc have been updated.

If, OTOH you simply opened the .nod file then you may be better off rebuilding the site from scratch using the assets you already have in the old site. Probably quicker than trying to solve which particular script on which page is causing things to hang.

also, go to publish view, publish settings and correct the path to Local Publish so that it will go to the User Sites Folder, Project Folder, Local Publish of the new version

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    MX was back around 2002. Depending on how you migrated your site you may well find there are many anomalies between a program designed almost 15 years ago for an early windows XP and the current Essentials, which, although it is named Essentials 2013 isn't NoF 2013.

If you migrated your site using the correct method, that is, Verify Assets, Delete unused assets, Export as template, create New Site from Template and then go page by page ensuring any components, etc have been updated.

If, OTOH you simply opened the .nod file then you may be better off rebuilding the site from scratch using the assets you already have in the old site. Probably quicker than trying to solve which particular script on which page is causing things to hang.
    Hi Franko, thanks for your reply.

Initially I had both versions of the program on my computer. I opened the MX version of the sites in Essentials and everything worked fine. It was only when I got rid of MX that I started having problems. So hopefully I can fix without rebuilding....

Aline
    Last edited by AlineH; 10-08-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    also, go to publish view, publish settings and correct the path to Local Publish so that it will go to the User Sites Folder, Project Folder, Local Publish of the new version
    Thanks Anton, I believe you helped me 14 years ago when I first had problems publishing!

When I go to Publish Settings all the assets are in the directory but I don't know how to correct the path to Local Publish. Can you clarify?

Aline

go to publish view, then at the top click publish, then click publish settings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0388.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	1866  

go to publish view, then at the top click publish, then click publish settings
    I am on that the publish settings page, just don't know how to 'correct the path to local publish'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1867

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by AlineH View Post
    I am on that the publish settings page, just don't know how to 'correct the path to local publish'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1867
    did you look at my image, it shows what to click, and then you check the path and if incorrect, browse for a new and correct one

did you look at my image, it shows what to click, and then you check the path and if incorrect, browse for a new and correct one
    Yes, I looked at your image but NOF Essentials does not have the same navigation as NOF 13 so the screenshot I sent you was my publish settings page and I don't understand how to do what you are describing from that page...