Thread: Picture Rollover

Default Picture Rollover

Hi
    Having a strange issue and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or similar. Using Windows 8.1, Nof 2013.

Created a "Picture Rollover" that 'Previews" correctly but does not function in "Local Publish" nor "FTP Publish". Tried "Rollover" action to open a picture and a text box with same problem. Reoptimized; exported template then imported template; deleted page and created a new page all with no change. FYI "Rotating Picture" works well.

Anyone has any suggestions, been back and forth for three days. Think I need a beer now.
    Regards
    Giovanni

Strange. I use Picture Rollover a lot to create menu bars and never had a problem in v11, 12 or 13. A bit more detail may help. What output method are you using? 4 or 5? Fixed or dynamic? Is the rollover component placed in a layout region, text box or directly on the layout? Or in a MB? Are there any other components on the page that may cause an issue, eg flash, JQuery?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Strange. I use Picture Rollover a lot to create menu bars and never had a problem in v11, 12 or 13. A bit more detail may help. What output method are you using? 4 or 5? Fixed or dynamic? Is the rollover component placed in a layout region, text box or directly on the layout? Or in a MB? Are there any other components on the page that may cause an issue, eg flash, JQuery?
    Hi Franko, Thanks for your reply. I am using site generation 'HTML5', there is a 'HTM5 Dynamic' option. Scripts=PHP with AJAX Technology enabled. These are the defaults. The 'Picture Rollover' is really straight forward. I have tried different permutations: directly on the layout, the layout region, in a text box. I've tried the action 'Target" in the 'set action' to be a text box, a picture. 50% of the times I get the 'preview' mode to function as desired, however never does it publish on the server and functions as it should. There are no other components on the page but a picture and a textbox.

I opted to wipe out all the files on the server, I exported site to a template leaving out the unused files. I then created new site and imported template, reoptimized, published locally then transferred files using 'Filezilla' to the server (in the event NoF FTP transfer was acting up) still no change. Getting frustrated, I'm sure you've been there sometime way in the past
    Giovanni
    Last edited by giovannismith; 10-13-2014 at 07:19 PM.

In Site Options->Program tab what Java Runtime Environment is shown? Is JRE updated to the latest version. Is there anything (firewall, AV?) preventing java from running. Is java enabled in the browser you''re viewing the site with? I believe the picture rollover is a java component and some security settings may prevent it running.

Cool Rollover

Quote Originally Posted by giovannismith View Post
    Hi
    Having a strange issue and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or similar. Using Windows 8.1, Nof 2013.

Created a "Picture Rollover" that 'Previews" correctly but does not function in "Local Publish" nor "FTP Publish". Tried "Rollover" action to open a picture and a text box with same problem. Reoptimized; exported template then imported template; deleted page and created a new page all with no change. FYI "Rotating Picture" works well.

Anyone has any suggestions, been back and forth for three days. Think I need a beer now.
    Regards
    Giovanni
    does it function on the Web?

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    In Site Options->Program tab what Java Runtime Environment is shown? Is JRE updated to the latest version. Is there anything (firewall, AV?) preventing java from running. Is java enabled in the browser you''re viewing the site with? I believe the picture rollover is a java component and some security settings may prevent it running.
    Hi again Franco. Java is JRE 1.7. Disabled all AV & firewall but no difference.

As a NEW test, I created a blank page and converted the Layout into a Form.
    I inserted one 'Form Edit Field' in design mode. It previewed OK

I then validated that field to "Required" in properties of the 'Form Edit Field'
    On "Previewing" I now get three (3) Script Errors and then it previews OK.
    1 Form, 1 Field, 1 Validate and having issues
    Has to be something basic and I'm missing the boat
    My other choice now is to install NOF on another PC and see but I as trying to avoid that
    Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    does it function on the Web?
    Hi Logos,
    No it does not function on the Web
    Spent close to a week on this one problem. It's a very small site (bout seven pages) and I think I started over at least a dozen times with same results. Forms Handler and Testimonials all work fine
    Thanks
    Giovanni