Thread: Migrating sites into 2013 when I don't have previous version of NOF installed

Default Migrating sites into 2013 when I don't have previous version of NOF installed

I understand that the best way to migrate a site is to convert it to a template but I don't have any versions of NOF on my computer now so I need to simply open it up. My websites were created using NOF MX.

Before I do that, can you tell me if there are any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks,
    Aline

sounds like you put the cart before the horse...

The only course of action I can see is to first, Reinstall MX, open your site(s) and do the template export as you stated, then uninstall MX, Install 2013 and import.

I cannot reinstall MX! It doesn't work on Windows 8. I suppose I could have found someone with a computer that supports MX and created a template on their computer but I have gone ahead and just opened the site....

Download and install a Virtual Machine (VMWare is free), then load your previous windows OS into the VM, then install MX and do the template shuffle as described. You can then uninstall VMWare if you wish or keep it if you have other old programs you wish to run. I run it on Windows 7 to run old 8-bit programs that have never been replaced (eg, a zillion kajillion rhymes).

You may be able to use Windows 8's compatibility mode to run MX. I don't have 8 so can't test it. Have a look at the following article if you don't know how compatibility works (or not!).

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...windows-8.html

Good luck!