Thread: Are there any reported problems when trying to go from HTML4 with Tables to HTML5?

Default Are there any reported problems when trying to go from HTML4 with Tables to HTML5?

Hello,

I just purchased a new computer and have been in the process of transferring all my programs over to it. I bought and downloaded the upgrade to Fusion 13 from 12 and installed the program.

I then made a template of a website from Fusion 12 and imported it into 13. Everything went well.

I read the forum article "I tried changing my site from HTML4 to HTML5 but the layout gets jumbled up " so I got worried.

Have there been any reported problems when trying to change the Current Site Options from Fusion 12 4.0 with Tables to some version of HTML (5.0 or 5.0 Dynamic)? What about other new abilities in version 13 such as WebFonts and WebColors? Is there anything that needs to be done other than backing up the original files?

Also the options will not allow me to choose png as the default image format but will force me back to GIF. Is this because I have not upgraded the site to 5.0?

By the way, are there any examples of using the Tab Top options?

Thank you
    Philip

Use HTML 5 Dynamic which is the equivalent of HTML 4.01 with Tables. HTML 5 uses fixed positioning as does HTML 4.01; HTML 5 Dynamic uses dynamic layout so should translate better. You may find you need to adjust some layout regions.

Will HTML 5 Dynamic allow for areas to expand/contract based on dynamic content?

Say you've embedded a script that reads info from a database (news, testimonials, etc.) If the content exceeds the dated layout space (i.e. Text Box) will the layout expand to fit, and the rest of the page shift down to accommodate?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

They should do. I think that was the whole point of the Fusion developers adding HTML 5 dynamic as an output option. Haven't tested it yet myself, though.

Thank you for the info.

You are the man, at least that's what all the women say.

Thanks
    Philip

I hope not! I'm happily married.