Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carousel only works in local publish

1. Go into your site folder in User Sites and delete the contents of your Preview folder and Local Publish folder.

2. Go to Site View and Tools > Re-optimize.

3. Go to Assets View and Assets > Delete all unused file assets.

Repeat 2.

Now publish to your web server.

(it's working fine with a local publish now because it's finding the files in the preview folder with a local path. That will never work on the live web server.)
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    1. Go into your site folder in User Sites and delete the contents of your Preview folder and Local Publish folder.

2. Go to Site View and Tools > Re-optimize.

3. Go to Assets View and Assets > Delete all unused file assets.

Repeat 2.

Now publish to your web server.

(it's working fine with a local publish now because it's finding the files in the preview folder with a local path. That will never work on the live web server.)

Thanks!! Now working !!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartzman View Post
    Yes... Carousel images don't load in both Explorer or Chrome... the site is working fine in local publish the problem is when I upload the site to Go Daddy...
    I was talking about windows explorer view options and not Internet explorer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0467.png 
Views:	461 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	2002  

I am also having trouble with my carousel. I had two working but when I added some extra files they would never appear. I redesigned the site in that location with four carousels by deleting one and adding three. Now only one is working. Check it at www.sportsmansbiblestudy.com. Any idea what is going on?

A couple of things I noticed. Your meta tags state the generator for this site was ms word 14. Generating anything out of word is going to generate garbled code that will conflict NoF's generated code. Never mix code from two different generator programs.

Second thing, you're using quirks mode (<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">). Untick quirks mode and republish.

Third thing, I'm not at all sure using multiple carousels on the one page works too well, but then, I've never tried it. Also mixing gifs and jpegs together in the one carousel may cause problems.

As NoF is a code generator, IMHO it's best to give it the best change to generate clean code. Start with a blank page and place your objects accordingly. And don't ever use crap generated from MS Word; always place plain text.