Thread: Edit URL address of site navigation

Default Edit URL address of site navigation

Hi All,

I have created a company website using NoF, now that the site is uploaded, each page address seems to be longer than I thought.

For instance, from the home page, selecting a page from a navigation I would think the address would be www.domain.co.uk/page. instead it displays as www.domain.co.uk/page/page.html. Then if I select a sub page of that, it turns into www.domain.co.uk/page/sub-page/sub-page.html instead of www.domain.co.uk/page/subpage.

Anyone have any ideas how I can change this to show the shorter version of the address?

Sorry for such a basic and potentially confusing question!

Any help would be muchly appreciated though

Cheers

Change how you publish. You're publishing by Site Structure. Change to By Flat if you want the shortest possible URLs.

Personally, I publish By Asset Type. Keeps most of your files out of the root folder. It makes your URLs www.domain/html/pagename (except for your home page, of course), but search engines don't care.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Of course if you're on an Apache web server you can use the mod_rewrite module to rewrite your URLs as you wish. Check with your host.

Chuck has pointed you to your answer but if you need more info you can go over my tutorial on publish methods.

www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=181
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Change how you publish. You're publishing by Site Structure. Change to By Flat if you want the shortest possible URLs.

Personally, I publish By Asset Type. Keeps most of your files out of the root folder. It makes your URLs www.domain/html/pagename (except for your home page, of course), but search engines don't care.
    Thanks for the advice, I published by flat and it looks more like I hoped for.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by WebsiteNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I published by flat and it looks more like I hoped for.

Cheers
    You "should" clean up all old files/folders to avoid orphan pages and graphics popping up randomly.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz