Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes made to website and uploaded does not show on Webpage

Default Changes made to website and uploaded does not show on Webpage

I published a site rdh.hargaalga.com using publishing facility on NOF 13. I later added some information. I could no longer upload it using the internal facility in NOF 13, so I uploaded files in Local Publish folder using WinSCP. The changes do not appear on my website. I confirmed the files got to the correct destination (See attached screenshot of my file manage). I also get too many "not responding" messages followed by "File instability" and then "file recovery successful" message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdh.hargaalga1B--Ebo_Solution_Center.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	1904  

Hold your control key and press the F5 Function key to force refresh your browser.

All browsers cache pages by default. You need to force the browser to go get the new content and show it to you.

If this does not work, ask your web host if they have a proxy and if they do, ask now long before the proxy updates.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi,
    Force refresh did not work and my web host does not use proxy. I followed documentation on Cpanel regarding clearing DNS. When I gave the command I got "Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:UsersR. D. HARGAALGA>ipconfig/flushdns
    The requested operation requires elevation.

C:UsersR. D. HARGAALGA>" Help elevation of Windows program in Window Vista says,

"Topic not found

The topic you are looking for is not available in this version of Windows."

If I may add, when my web host tried accessing rdh.hargaalga.com the changes did not reflect on their either. Hence, it is not an issued on my browser clearing cache.

Do the files display properly on your local publish of the pages?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Default Does the website display on Local Publish?

Yes it does. You may access the website too at rdh.hargaalga.com to test. The correct display is attached. On the NavigationBar, the second item is "Ebo_Solution_Centre. This does not show when you access the website. When it did not show when my Web Host tried it, they suggested I contact NOF 13, as it could be due to error in script. I wrote to Support at NOF, I didnot got any response; hence, I put it up at the forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdh.hargaalga1B--LPublish.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	1906  

Try deleting the remote file then uploading the working new one.

Hi,
    These are the only files that exist and they are on my laptop and remote server. My web host, after doing all in their power, has concluded that the fault is from the script. Support at NOF has failed to respond to the report I made to them concerning this issue. I suspect that the script of the NOF template is indeed faulty. The template that was of NOF 12 has been problem prone. This is why I bought NOF 13 hoping the build HTML5 would make a difference. I imported the website from NOF 12 before making the changes under discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oboiro500 View Post
    My web host, after doing all in their power, has concluded that the fault is from the script.
    Which script is your host referring to?

They mean NetObjects Fusion and its template I used to design website under discussion.

Sounds like the webhost is blaming the ftp script for lack of a better description.

Oboiro - Since you say the Local Publish works, try using an outsite FTP program to send those files to your server. (FileZilla is a good one - Free).