Thread: Design View background -y offset 4 pixels, but publishes okay

Default Design View background -y offset 4 pixels, but publishes okay

Have you ever loaded a background that needs to match up with the position of objects, and found it doesnt after you designed it so it should.
    Ive seen this a few times.
    So now in my editor I ignore the fact that the background is four pixels higher, because when it publishes, it all lines up as it should.
    If I add one pixel to my background at the top, it suddenly jumps down to be one pixel lower than it should.
    You can see this best here, with NOF in front and the published view behind.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF-bg-design-view-offset-weird.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	1911
    Also live here: http://www.solarlightcap.com/html/certs.html

(Rather pleased with myself for getting the screen wide block style working which is all the fashion nowadays )

HTML5 in Nof needs a lot of improvement, what you see is not always what you get

the best way to get things accurate when using HTML5 is to be sure you have all fonts configured with px and with space above 0px and space below 0px

also, if inserting any code of something that loads externally, be sure the textbox that holds the code has the exact height of the externally loaded content

or simple stick with HTML 4.01 plus tables, it is always accurate and true WYSIWYG
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 11-07-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Its not a text thing in this case. The published page displays fine. But the background displayed in the Design view (WYSIWYG) is offset -4 pixels y-axis
    Look at the image above and you'll see the green frame behind the menu items is too high in the editor, but on the published page it correct.

If I change the image to a gif or a progressive jpeg, the problem disappears.
    Strangely if I add a pixel to the top of the image, it will display 1 pixel below where it should be, ie displaying correct now, but wrong because of the size of my image.

in style view, did you edit the css code for Body? like change padding?

when I view http://www.solarlightcap.com/html/certs.html I can see that things don't line up well all the way down the page bottom, but you mention it publishes ok? It does not look ok
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 11-08-2014 at 05:55 AM.

What browser are you viewing that in Anton? Looks okay for me. Nope, no extra CSS code

I am using FF33
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0417.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	1912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0418.png 
Views:	237 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	1913  
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 11-09-2014 at 12:03 AM.

I changed the background to a GIF and this weird display problem in netobjects editor was fixed.
    I resolved the 1 pixel glitch that Anton observed in Firefox only, by removing the backgrounds from the objects that I was trying to line up with the page background

it looks fine now, however I would create more gap between links and bottom green
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0424.png 
Views:	252 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	1921