Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes made to website and uploaded does not show on Webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Oboiro500 View Post
    Yes it does. You may access the website too at rdh.hargaalga.com to test. The correct display is attached.
    The only differences I can see are font issues? The title looks to be created with a font called copperplate, but this is not a websafe font (meaning browsers are loaded with just a base set of fonts and font substitutions will be a result).
    Also it looks like you may have font size issue. When you use a font that isn't automatic to the Site Style, in your text properties palette, beside Size there is another box for measurement. Check that it is set to "px".

I uploaded the Local Publish already using WinSPC. My system is Vista and browser Chrome. When I tried to download Filezilla, Chrome warned it would hurt my machine. It terminated the download automatically. I am quite happy with WinsPC.

do you have an isp account you can upload to?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

The issue is with script of the template from NOF 13 as my web host had consluded. Hou can see this from my report to them. Here is extract from email sent to them as part of discussion of the problem:

"Attached is screenshot of my file manager. (Same attachment of screenshot of file manager of my account on Cpanel had been attached also to this Forum ticket.)This shows the update info, namely Ebo_Solution_center; it ought to appear on the NavigationBar when one accesses rdh.hargaalga.com; but it does not. This is the issue. Its folder (rdh.hargaalga1B) appears on other places of /publish_html/ as it appears here. The same website folder was published as rdh22a1ahargaalga1 on 22nd October or so. Folder was rdh221hargaalga when I exported it from NOF 12. I used the facility on the software after exporting it to NOF 13, hence it was not From "Local Publish" unlike subsequent ones that were from Local Publish folder.

"These variations are not due to my fault. I had NOF12 and when I was not getting anywhere with it as regards Local Publishing, it was suggested at the NetObjects forum that NOF13 has html5 and it would make a difference. I bought NOF13 and exported the folder from NOF 12 to NOF 13. I was able to do Local Publishing and eventually published using with WinSCP.

"I edited the website later, and in the process, the NOF 13 software kept bringing up different versions including Copy of rdh22a1ahargaalga1 on 24th October, after I published the original on 22nd October. I now published this copy on date shown on the screenshot. I suspect this is where the source of the problem lies. . . ."

The script is faulty and lacks integrity. It is not only the fonts as I was able to publish with this front, other sites with different template.

No... the fault is yours and yours alone.

Looking at your CPanel screenshot, it's apparent that you're uploading the entire Local Publish folder.

This is incorrect.

You ftp the contents of the folder, not the folder itself and all of it's contents.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    You ftp the contents of the folder, not the folder itself and all of it's contents.
    Ah, good spot there Chuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JING_Image.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	1918

You confirm my fears. Look closely, you will discover I uploaded /public_html/rdh.hargaalga1B/ This is the folder of my upddated website. You will notice this folder in more than one place; when it did no work the first tme I tried a second time, and a third, believing that it would OVERWRITE the former. It did not. When I chose the opption of ”only newly” changged, it still uploded into a new location. You like to believe this was my fault!

When updated info did not show on wesite after many attempts, I took Support ticket. After waiting and they did not respond after 4 days I came to the forum where someone suggested I upload Local Publish. The Local Publish showed in more than one location as in case of folder mentioned above.

Yet another issue is that the software keeps showing “not responding”. It could reset before; now I cannot do anything at all on the project, because, it does not go beynd “not responding”. The software keeps generating “Copy of...” as explaained before . The issue is a combination of all these, so that I have given up on updating and uploading the project.

I came to the forum and senior member blames me for all of the foregoing without response to issues raised. My fear was that issues of malfunctioning software will be ignored or denied. You have chosen to ignore them. It is not only reckless blaiming me for defect in your software, it is stupid. I now know what to look for in a web design software and publishers. I have had enough. Googby.

there is no issue with the software.

Place the code in the proper folder and it will display.

Ask your web host for the correct live location and put your files where they should be.

Fusion has been on the market since 1996 and has worked fine all this time.

Figure out where to put your files and you will be fine too.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Oboiro500 View Post
    You confirm my fears. Look closely, you will discover I uploaded /public_html/rdh.hargaalga1B/ This is the folder of my upddated website.

You will notice this folder in more than one place;
    "in more than one place"

Yes, that is the problem.