Thread: Form Trick for sorting the e-mail

Default Form Trick for sorting the e-mail

This is just a tip for when you are creating forms on websites and looking for an easy way to sort the e-mail when it arrives. Most know this is possible, but for newer NoF users.. might be worth knowing.

There are many e-mail retrieval programs out there, most of them allow you to create Rules or Filters for handling emails when they arrive. You (or your client) might want to make the filtering process easier. I like to have my form submission emails sent to specific folders in Outlook..

any of these 3 tips will nail this for you.

Tip 1
    When you create your form, create a truly unique Subject line. NoF has already put some info in the Subject line ("Form Input") for you, but lets you easily change it. Change this to something clear and noticeable like "A visitor completed DogForm1", the more words the better. then in your e-mail program, create a filter or rule which says Subject Line contains Exactly "A visitor completed DogForm1" and point it to a special folder.

Tip 2
    This one is a bit more complex, add a line of crazy text to your form submission xml file. review this post http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...l-Layout-(tip) and then in that xml file, make some crazy set of words or numbers like "SparkDogForm1" or something that no regular person would ever write in an e-mail. your visitors will never see this, only the form e-mail recipient. then in your e-mail program, create a filter or rule which says Email Body contains "SparkDogForm1" and point it to a special folder.

Tip 3
    This is probably the easiest and best way.. Although you or your client might have a use for it, NoF does not care what address you put in the From line of your handler as long as the syntax is correct. The e-mail address does not even have to exist.. so put in the From address anything you want.. like "DogForm1@mysite.com" then in your e-mail program, create a filter or rule which says From "DogForm1@mysite.com" and point it to a special folder. Be sure that you add the bogus address to your safe list or when you are testing, identify it once as 'Not Spam'..

just felt like sharing.. happy forming...

Thanks for sharing this info but I had a wish if I could able to do this file sorting with GBWhatsApp messages which I am using for dual WhatsApp...

Quote Originally Posted by dustine79 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this info but I had a wish if I could able to do this file sorting with GBWhatsApp messages which I am using for dual WhatsApp...
    if you create a excel file to sort messages then may be you can do this easily.