Thread: Exporting template using "selected pages" result in all file assets in wrong place

Default Exporting template using "selected pages" result in all file assets in wrong place

Hello

Working with the sam projekt om two diffrent locations on two diffrent computers i am using the template function on NOF2013.
    Making at Template using the "Export as Selected Pages" result in all the file assets beeing in the wrong place when making a new site using this template.
    All assets is pointed to C:\Users\Allan\AppData\Local\Temp\FSITemp\Template \Assets\nu_sv_50.gif
    The "Allan" part of the path is my username on the "exporting computer" wheras i am logged in on the "importing computer" with another name.

Making a Template using the "Export as Template Entire Site" is working OK with no errors.

Anybody know what i am doing wrong?

The only safe way to work on two computer is to do a full export template every time unless the two computers are connected on a network. Then you don't move the site at all, just open it on the second computer, do the work and then save it again on the original computer. NoF is NOT a team environment.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    The only safe way to work on two computer is to do a full export template every time unless the two computers are connected on a network. Then you don't move the site at all, just open it on the second computer, do the work and then save it again on the original computer. NoF is NOT a team environment.
    Tnx, but then how do i export/import a single page from one project to another. Just tried to do that on the same computer and with the same result, all the assets on that side is pointing to this temp/FSITemp/template/assets directory where there is no assets.
    What is the problem? Is it the export or the import function that is the problem or some windows issue?

And copying all my assets to this directory i don't think is a solution being a system made temporary directory.

You can export a template of the desired pages from the source site and then open the destination site and insert the template.

This is done in Site View in each site.

Source site: File > Export as Template > Selected pages...

Destination Site: File > Insert Template
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums