Thread: Upload Specific File Types with form

Default Upload Specific File Types with form

Hey yas,

I think I read this somewhere, but I really need help figuring something out.

I have a form on my site, and I want it to only be able to upload JPG images.

How/where do I define this? Im sure I only need to add a command to the HTML of my upload button.. but I am not sure exactly what I need to put in there. could someone give me an exact example?

Thanks

really... nobody...?

I imagine no one responded because you said you knew you only needed to add HTML code to a button.

Actually, it's more involved than that. You would need to use JavaScript in your form or use a form handling script that would check the file (not just the file name) to make sure it's a jpg. Very doable, but not html.

You need to decide if you want the checking to be done in the browser (JavaScript) or server-side (PHP, ASP, etc.)
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

thanks for your answer, and I truly understand the file (dare I say) validation to see that the file actually is the type not just by file extension.

but for right now I am just looking for how to make it so that when a visitor clicks the upload button on my form, and the OS opens a standard file browsing window, that it only allows the certain file extension to be selected. I have to assume this can be accomplished with a line or two of code inserted into the scripting which NoF produces.. right?

The HTML 5 "Accept" attribute does what you describe. Doesn't work in all browers, but when it does, it restricts the Browse files window to the specified file extension.

Example: <input type="file" accept=".jpg,image/*">

In Fusion you'd have to insert the "accept" fragment inside the input tag manually.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

so the HTML of my upload buttons looks like

<input type="file" id="Fyoyo11" name="YoYo_File11" tabindex="8" disabled="disabled" style="white-space: pre; width: 174px;" >

so I would make it....?
    <input type="file" id="Fyoyo11" name="YoYo_File11" tabindex="8" disabled="disabled" style="white-space: pre; width: 174px accept=".jpg,image/*"; >

That should work. Almost.

Put the semi-colon you have at the end after the 174px instead of where it is now.

(snip)... width: 174px; accept=".jpg,image/*">
    Last edited by chuckj; 11-21-2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add to
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

Thank ya Thank ya!!