Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won't stop repeating

Default Won't stop repeating

I ask this question in NOF 11 area as I am still using that program, because of that I am not sure how many people are using that one and if not many, the 11 thread area does not get looked at much anymore. So please forgive me if I should not post this question in here, although this could be a universal problem across all versions of NOF.

I have a picture that is 1260 wide by 431 deep. I drop the picture in as a background on a zero margin page (no master boarder) (update: have tried it also with a master boarder too)and tell it to NOT repeat but for the life of me it still wants to repeat. Does any one have any ideas why it wants to repeat when it should not. I check the CSS code and it also says background: no-repeat. I only want the picture to just be on top and stop repeating at the end of the picture and let the background color that I have chosen take over from there. Not sure if I just have a flakey browser issue or something is not working or set up right in Fusion. This could be a standard way of doing things for me so I need to find out how to set this up right now and do not have to worry about it in the future.
    Larry

Place a layout region on the page and set the image as the background of the layout region. Lock the size of the layout to 1260x431. This will give you the pic just as the background of the page and not as the background of the site.

Thank you Franko for the advise. That is something I had not thought about before. So I guess that would work with either Zero margins pages or even ones with Master Borders? You see normally with Master Borders your picture that you want to stay on top will usually be in the Master Border area with the standard layout region having the BG color take over that you have chosen. So even in the Master Boarder region you can still add a layout region as well? It is a shame that in the master boarder properties they do not also have a tab for background image and color like they do in the layout section.Sometimes my image in the Master Boarder section is in 2 separate pieces and since you can not lay one graphic over top another graphic the bottom one has to be the BG.

I guess the question remains tho what is the purpose of fusion offering you in site style a way to add both a BG color and a BG image? Is it for the purpose of using one or the other but not both at the same time? As with my situation the graphic was small enough to only go just so far hoping that the BG color would then take over, but with my graphic still repeating even tho I told it not to everywhere I could think of I never saw the BG color. Even tho your answer is a real good solution to the problem, and one I will use I guess it does not answer why mine still wants to repeat when told not to.
    Larry
    Last edited by Larry5000; 11-29-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Antonsvideo I went to where your example was and then made those corrections in my fusion and still nothing. I still get the smaller image to repeat it self. So there is 3 places where I made sure it said no repeat and yet it still does it. I will say for all those that are watching this particular thread I have since used a large version of the graphic that extends way down the page now. Farther then I am sure I will have any text or graphics present, so at least temporary that solves my problems But I will be trying Franko ideal as well.
    Larry

can you start a blank site and add your bg image the way I shown

do a local publish and see if it works, if yes, come back for the next steps to take to fix the problem site

also, what is your html output set to and what char set?

I know I am going to regret asking this coming off as dumb, but not sure what you mean HTML output and Char set? can you explain how you go about finding out those two answers to your questions?

For now tho I have to work tomorrow and I will be getting off of here shortly. I will look over your answers when I get home from work tomorrow and try your ideal out on a blank template to see if it works as a local publish or not. Hopefully I can get back to you sometime tomorrow evening. I notice you are in Sydney I am in the USA on EST. But will get back to you and anybody else that posts ideals and thoughts to my repeating problem. Thanks All.

tools, options, current site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0438.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	1969  

The last part you ask for
    HTML Dynamic Page Layout - All browsers
    Char Set Western European (ISO 8859-1)

Ok I tried the other both local publish and up on the web and both times it repeated.
    http://www.simplesitesplus.net/Test2/

I followed your above example and again also went to the site style/selectors and told the background not to repeat and yet it still done it. What could it be?
    Last edited by Larry5000; 11-29-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Place a layout region on the page and set the image as the background of the layout region. Lock the size of the layout to 1260x431. This will give you the pic just as the background of the page and not as the background of the site.
    I tried that Franko, making a layout region inside the Master Border and laying the Graphic down as a background on the new layout region and that did work. So in the future should I need to do that mainly because I can't seem to solved my no repeating BG problem normally I can do what you suggested for a quick fix. Thank you.
    Larry