Thread: Any cool responses about 2013

Default Any cool responses about 2013

This question may have been ask I am sure, but one still using NOF 11 not having purchased NOF 12 but may jump right to 13 if I decide to upgrade. Would anybody care to tell me the cool new features that 13 has that in my case NOF 11 does not have? Wondering if it is really worth spending the money for.

One feature I know from reading on this forum is people have used third party applications for CMS I was so hoping that the makers of Fusion would finally incorporate that particular feature into a new version as something you can set up really really easy. Have they done that yet or not?
    Larry

UPDATE: I don't know if the silence of nobody not saying anything about 2013 is good or bad. I just more or less wondered if there was enough newer stuff or slightly older stuff made more easy that would warrant me purchasing NOF 13?

I guess with that asked is pretty much the entire program the same on how things are found and done in 13 compared to 11? I am not even carring much about 12 as I am sure whatever up grades they did in 12 from 11 will now be in 13. Any responses would be of help if anybody cares to take a few moments and respond, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Larry5000; 12-01-2014 at 01:49 AM.

The only thing I have found is that it supports HTML5, which I don't use as I find it better to use Tables to position things. I upgraded from NOF 12 to NOF 13 because I thought the Picture Carousel would be an advantage over using third party products but the one built into NOF 13 is so limited as to be almost useless.

OK thank you so much Warrenr

Even though I've moved a lot of sites to Wordpress, I still have half a dozen fairly large sites in NOF. They are currently maintained in NOF 11.
    FWIW, I started with NOF2 upgrading to 4 / 7 /7.5 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 - the only version I've had trouble with for some reason was 8 which was very unstable on my system at the time.

I skipped 12 and upgraded to NOF 13 (purchased upgrade) as it sounded useful - advertising hype about the carousel, webfonts etc. After a short spell exploring 13 and its various output options I left the existing sites in 11, as there just weren't enough new features to risk any problems arising, which seemed to be several before the latest updates. The carousel as noted was too limited to be any use, bundled templates still looked very dated, html5 output was variable as some sites imported ok, others had things moving around on pages, and to be honest the file sizes were usually on a few kb smaller. The program itself was stable, and for anyone used to previous versions the upgrade path would be relatively seamless.

As an added bonus, I later upgraded a hosting package with 1&1 and received a free copy of NOF 13... so now I have two unused versions :-) Unlike some other 'free' versions, the 1&1 version is not crippled or restricted in any way, the only difference I noticed was it came with very few bundled templates.

BUT in my opinion Netobjects still provides the easiest way of producing web pages and laying out a website. Its only downfall for me is the inability to produce responsive or mobile friendly sites, and having to literally duplicate (or triplicate) a site just to service smaller screen sizes seems a lot of work when all the website data is already there in that nod file........

Ken thank you so much for your comments. It seems the more I read different threads in relationship to something acting up on 2013 I am not sure I want to switch now. Might be better off sticking with NOF 11 for now.

One think I'm missing in NOF 13 is the absence a old database tools from NOF 11. NOF 13 has only some of the tools and lacks the conditional "If" tool. It also can't really handle the display of a text and a URL from a database so that the text has the correct link. NOF 11 makes it very easy. If you use databases a lot, NOF 13 may not be for you.
    I found a workaround of sorts: you can copy the database tool files from a NOF11 installation to a NOF 13 one. With some fiddling I got the old tolls working.

The above is correct for Corel Website Creator - which is a relabeled version of NOF but minus the database tools. Who knows what Corel intended to do. NOF does have the relevant tools.
    Last edited by nkmnkm; 12-30-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5000 View Post
    This question may have been ask I am sure, but one still using NOF 11 not having purchased NOF 12 but may jump right to 13 if I decide to upgrade. Would anybody care to tell me the cool new features that 13 has that in my case NOF 11 does not have? Wondering if it is really worth spending the money for.

One feature I know from reading on this forum is people have used third party applications for CMS I was so hoping that the makers of Fusion would finally incorporate that particular feature into a new version as something you can set up really really easy. Have they done that yet or not?
    Larry

UPDATE: I don't know if the silence of nobody not saying anything about 2013 is good or bad. I just more or less wondered if there was enough newer stuff or slightly older stuff made more easy that would warrant me purchasing NOF 13?

I guess with that asked is pretty much the entire program the same on how things are found and done in 13 compared to 11? I am not even carring much about 12 as I am sure whatever up grades they did in 12 from 11 will now be in 13. Any responses would be of help if anybody cares to take a few moments and respond, thanks in advance.
    Hi Larry,

Why rush to buy 2013?
    What if you wait a bit more, maybe a new version comes out?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.