Thread: Navigation Submenu Names Repeating..

Default Navigation Submenu Names Repeating..

I tried to change the layout of my website and after 7 items in a submenu the name of submenu items starts to repeat. It looks correct on the site page but preview or edit of the page shows the issue. The generated HTML shows the repeating submenu name also. What am I doing wrong or is there some limit? I have no updates available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	1981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sitepage.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	1982

change your nav bar to a Custom layout. this should give you a grip on whats happening.
    Last edited by fizz; 12-18-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fizz View Post
    change your nav bar to a Custom layout. this should give you a grip on whats happening.
    Ok the custom layout stopped the name from repeating but now the sub/child menus are displayed all the time not just when you drill into the parent. How do I change that behavior?

If you mean ALL the pages you put in to the Custom list are now main buttons, you need to organize them in Parent and Child fashion..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	custom navbar.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	1984

If your Parent buttons are on top with your child buttons permanently displayed below them... then do this..
    in the page view, select the navbar in the layout, in the Navigation Bar Properties, just below where you selected from Site to Custom, Mess with the "Display" drop down, and select "First Level"... save and preview..