Thread: removing alt-tags for navigation bar buttons with flyout submenus

Default removing alt-tags for navigation bar buttons with flyout submenus

I have a navigation bar with fly-out submenus. By default, the buttons in the navigation bar have the names of pages the buttons link to as alt-tags. As a result, when the mouse is over a button, a box appears next to the mouse pointer displaying the page's name. I don't want these boxes to pop up. I was able to prevent these boxes to appear on the first-level buttons by removing their alt-tags, but I can't do this with the fly-out submenu buttons. How can I remove the alt-tags for the fly-out buttons?

Hi Sid,

Why should the boxes not pop up?

Pardon me, sometimes we waste a lot of time wanting this and that. Why not save time and let NOF do its magic?

------------------
    I had a problem with the vertical sliding navigation bar, a fixation I may say. Windows XP went out of production this year, I had to buy new PC and to update to NOF 2013.
    Now my vertical navigation bar on the left of the page would not slide up and down in NOF 2013. I was desperate for 2-3 months. I discovered a software package that allows for navigation bars to slide but, on second thoughts, I abandoned the idea.
    Suddenly I realized that I was making it difficult on myself and ... gave up the idea of having the navigation bar slide.

Now I am happy again.
    NOF is a great software! ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

You're right John, it's not an issue that's worth spending a lot of time on. I just wondered if there was an easy way to remove the alt-tags from the submenu buttons to prevent the boxes from popping up. They're kind of redundant because they contain the same text as the buttons themselves. They also cover the text of the button below the one that the mouse is over. But if there's not an easy way around this, I'll let it go and move on.

Sid

... and let us know how you are faring ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.