Thread: NOF Crashes when creating site from Site Wizard

Default NOF Crashes when creating site from Site Wizard

Hello All,

Sure could use some problem-solving insight, please.

I recently purchased the 2013 upgrade version via download. Installed without any problems. Also installed "update 5" and the free "templates vol. 4" ('m upgrading from NOF 9 & NOF 12).

I'm experimenting with building a new site and tried using the site wizard. I'm able to select the site style and pages and when the wizard goes to create the site, a Windows error message pops up stating "NetObjects Fusion has stopped working" without any specific reason why. NOF seems to create individual pages ok but always crashes using site wizard. I've uninstalled all components and did a shutdown / restart with a fresh install but the problem still persists. I've also done a reinstallation without the v.5 update without success.

I'm running a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate, 16 Ram, 1 TB Hard drive 500mb graphics (1 gig?).

Also did a "disk cleanup", defrag and chk disc but the problem still persists. Never had this problem with any other versions of NOF (NOF 1 - 7, MX & 9-12).

I haven't any idea what the problem could be but sure could use some help, please.

Greg

Hi Greg,
    You seem to be an older Fusionist than me ...

Pardon me, did you try to make a new web site starting with 'Blank site ...' to forget about 'Site wizard'?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Thanks for your reply. I am an older "Fusionist" but I don't know a whole heck of a lot about anything when it comes to NOF.

NOF 13 does let me create individual pages from "Blank Site" but I really want to use the layouts in the wizard to create the pages. Otherwise it's not worth the effort to create it from scratch.

This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Hopefully "Turtle" or some of the other NOF wizzes might be able to offer a solution.

SOLUTION FOUND: I turned off McAfee "Virus and Spyware Protection" / "Real-Time Scanning" and Firewall in the McAfee security suite and it created a new site via the Site Wizard without any problem.

I love this board. Always gets me to think a little harder (although it takes me some time to figure it out ;-)
    Last edited by gpartrid; 12-28-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I am an older "Fusionist" but I don't know a whole heck of a lot about anything when it comes to NOF.

NOF 13 does let me create individual pages from "Blank Site" but I really want to use the layouts in the wizard to create the pages. Otherwise it's not worth the effort to create it from scratch.

This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Hopefully "Turtle" or some of the other NOF wizzes might be able to offer a solution.

SOLUTION FOUND: I turned off McAfee "Virus and Spyware Protection" / "Real-Time Scanning" and Firewall in the McAfee security suite and it created a new site via the Site Wizard without any problem.

I love this board. Always gets me to think a little harder (although it takes me some time to figure it out ;-)
    Hi there,

1). Turned McAfee off?
    Ha, ha, ha, I uninstalled many years ago. I use the free Microsoft Security Essential and standard Windows firewall. Never had any problem.

2). Love this board?
    Hey, this is what is all about ...

Have a nice Sunday! ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.