Thread: Add Jwplayer to web page

Unhappy Add Jwplayer to web page

Having read previous posts on using inline players I have opted for JWPlayer. I received some code from the hosting site which looks straightforward but I can't get it to work. This is all new to me!!

Here's the code from JW:
    <head> Insert this line of code into your webpage's <head> tag to load the cloud-hosted JW Player¹

<script src="http://jwpsrv.com/library/rMsa6JZnEeSAoQoORWfmyA.js"></script>

¹ You only need to load the player library once in your website's <head>. Additional player embeds require the <body> embed code only.

<body> Copy the embed code below and paste it into the <body> of your webpage HTML.
    <div id='playerH3XeD95g'></div>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    jwplayer('playerH3XeD95g').setup({
    playlist: '//content.jwplatform.com/feed/H3XeD95g.rss',
    width: '100%',
    aspectratio: '16:9'
    });
    </script>

OK. I copied the "Body" code using "Cntrl T" in my page and that opens but says it cannot find the file. I accept that because I can't seem to get the "Head" code line into the HTML. So how and where do I place it? Using the HTML editor doesn't seem to work.

Greatly appreciate some advice.

Malcolmn

Click the html button in the layout properties palette. Enter the code below the <Title> in the <head> section. Click ok

Hi Franko,

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work, I had done that and thought I was putting it in the wrong place or something.. I get and error that says
    Error loading playlist:
    Error loading file

Now I assume this should work on a "Local Publish" or does it need to be out on the web?

Regars
    Malcolmn

It's looking out on the web for the script, so either you need to be connected to the web for Local Publish to work, or you need to publish to your web server.

Thanks Franko,

I am permanently connected to the web, so that should not be the issue. I was following JWPlayer's instructions and THEIR code. What you say makes complete sense so i'll dig a bit more and see if I can solve it. Thanks again for the response.

Malcolmn