Thread: Aaaaaaaand here we go again!!

Default Aaaaaaaand here we go again!!

Come on Steve, I am sure you could have sorted this out by now.

Click link in email, see upgrade to 2015 price is $74.95. WHOOPS! Asknet detects I am in Oz so changes price to AU$104.95

At today's exchange rate it should be $91.35. Why this difference. Every. Bloody. Time.

A bit of tinkering and I got it for AU$94.86.

Just why should I pay more of my hard earned dollars? And don't say its tax because the Australian consumption tax does not apply to electronic downloads.

I am sure this happens with other purchases you make through electronic download doesn't it?

IF it were me...... I would purchase using a spoofed US IP address which should resolve the problem. Not that I am encouraging others to go to the dark side for making their online purchases..... Just saying.....
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Use a VPN.. I use one to watch shows in the states while I'm in Germany
    I'll break anything once...

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    Click link in email, see upgrade to 2015 price is $74.95. WHOOPS! Asknet detects I am in Oz so changes price to AU$104.95

At today's exchange rate it should be $91.35. Why this difference. Every. Bloody. Time.

A bit of tinkering and I got it for AU$94.86.
    Aaaaaahh this is nothing.
    From where I am sometimes I see prices at the front page in US$ changing in the browser in GB Pounds.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.