Thread: Can one freeze MasterBorder with navigation at top of page

Default Can one freeze MasterBorder with navigation at top of page

I suspect this is an easy question. All I want to do with certain long pages is to be able to have a visitor scroll down the page without having to lose the navigation contained in the MasterBorder. I haven't spotted how to do it yet for some reason. Thanks.

That's because it's not there. It requires a third party script or invest in AllWebMenus or CSS3Menu. NoF Nav bars have always been a fair way behind the web leaders; witness the fact that a navigation button is always the same size, no matter how long the text they contain. I got around this by using picture rollovers until I acquired AllWebMenus which will create menus that are variable size and will either float with scrolling or remain fixed at the top of the page.

Other way is to use a frame at the top, but I wouldn't recommend that as frames have been removed from the html 5 specification although browsers will still render them. They play havoc with your SEO though.

I'm glad I didn't look any longer. Fortunately I was sure I could find a helping hand. And so I did. Thank you, Franko. Concise and most helpful. My God, 1790 posts! Thank you again on behalf of the hundreds of others you've also helped.

De nada. I confess: I'm an NoF addict. I've worked with many other programs but always my main tool is Fusion, despite its sometimes years old shortcomings. If you decide to go the AWM route, forum member Chuck Joslin provides official AWM support for NoF; any problems, he's your man.

Here I go again, confessing unending ignorance. So what does AWM stand for? Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by bardow View Post
    Here I go again, confessing unending ignorance. So what does AWM stand for? Regards...
    All Web Menus (Likno software)

Give frames a shot to see if this is what you are after

in Page View press F10 for the masterborder properties palette, then on the 4th tab, tick the "top" option and see if this is what you are after

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz