Thread: Text Properties Font

Default Text Properties Font

Hello, I'm trying to change the font in a text box to a font I have on my machine, and the fonts seem limited? Is that because the internet only recognizes a certain family of fonts? or is there something I'm overlooking? When I made my nav buttons I was able to choose any of my 3000 some fonts in my database. Thanks for the help.

if you use a font that is not part of the webfonts, your site visitors will not see the font because it is not installed in their PC, so I usually stick to web friendly fonts

for buttons and banners, you can use any font because these are then rendered as images and every visitor will see them the same

That's what I thought...no big deal I guess. What are some of the downfalls to using a transparent png for info (Like a contact page)? I'm thinking load time? Not being able to highlight, copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonM View Post
    That's what I thought...no big deal I guess. What are some of the downfalls to using a transparent png for info (Like a contact page)? I'm thinking load time? Not being able to highlight, copy and paste.
    the downfalls are that google can't index text that is embedded in an image, so I would not put important info in an image

Thanks for the help, I thought that was the reason, and yes for optimization I can see why an Image would be a bad decision, for some things maybe, but not important stuff. I'm looking into font hosting services now. Thanks for the tips!

Image "alt tags" are indexed by spiders but if you use graphics, use them sparingly and always provide relevant alt tags for each graphic.

What font were you wanting to use?

You can specify a "Font family" in your CSS file and start with your custom font then fall back to more standard fonts that are "similar". Granted maybe only 1 or 2 visitors a year will see your preferred font but at least it will not fall back to Times New Roman which is the standard browser default font.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I wanted to use an Italicized Eurostile type font, Microgramma. Google fonts hosts a font called "Jura Semi-Bold" that would work for the style of site I'm building, I'm just trying to figure out now to get the HTML and CSS to work properly.

open Font Preferences xml file in Notepad and add the webfont that you installed, then Nof will see that font upon next restart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0482.png 
Views:	366 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	2062