Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem publishing Locally and Remotedly

See if this tutorial explains it a bit better for you as far as getting a clean set of code

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029

Also check to make sure your version 12 is using the folders for version 12 not the older version 4 location. If you opened the old version 4 files you "may" still be using the old protected (pre windows vista allowed) areas.

This is where the later versions of Fusion keep the content used for generating the pages and where the actual pages are located on your computer (names may/will be different depending on what you used when you created your project).

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4028
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Information was helpful. However, I am not able to publish correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    See if this tutorial explains it a bit better for you as far as getting a clean set of code

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029

Also check to make sure your version 12 is using the folders for version 12 not the older version 4 location. If you opened the old version 4 files you "may" still be using the old protected (pre windows vista allowed) areas.

This is where the later versions of Fusion keep the content used for generating the pages and where the actual pages are located on your computer (names may/will be different depending on what you used when you created your project).

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4028
    Mike, Thank you for responding and sending this helpful information. I deleted the Preview and Local Publish areas and when I did the Local Publish, I can see that some things built into the NOF program show that they have been locally published. When I look under My Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/and the name of my site, I find that everything is under Preview and Local Publish but for whatever reason, that does not show up within the Publish Icon info in NOF as having been locally published - only a few of the preset styles, etc.

I had hoped that that would be enough to remotely publish to my hosting site, but I got the message that it could not publish to my host. So, I am open to any more suggestions. I feel that I am getting closer but am not sure why I am not being successful with the publications (local or remote). Thanks. Jeanette

When you click on the index.html file in local publish can you navigate your entire site? Is everything there? No missing bits?

If your answer is yes, then you can use a 3rd party ftp program to upload the contents of the local publish folder to your hosting environment.

Chances are you are on a linux host so I will post my tutorial for hooking up and uploading to my Red Hat servers. You will need to ask your host what you need to use for credentials and file locations for your web hosting but this tutorial should get you started (even includes a link to download a copy of FileZilla).

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

Most web hosts understand FileZilla so you should have no problems asking your host to help you out with the setup you need to connect and upload.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default I checked with my hosting company and it said FileZilla was good. I need to know how

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    When you click on the index.html file in local publish can you navigate your entire site? Is everything there? No missing bits?

If your answer is yes, then you can use a 3rd party ftp program to upload the contents of the local publish folder to your hosting environment.

Chances are you are on a linux host so I will post my tutorial for hooking up and uploading to my Red Hat servers. You will need to ask your host what you need to use for credentials and file locations for your web hosting but this tutorial should get you started (even includes a link to download a copy of FileZilla).

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

Most web hosts understand FileZilla so you should have no problems asking your host to help you out with the setup you need to connect and upload.
    Mike, Thank you for sending the FileZilla information. I haven't tried it yet but obviously am not planning to host on gotfusion. I've already paid for the upcoming year on Media Temple. My frustration is that I thought NetObjects Fusion would allow me to remotely publish to my gridserver at Media Temple. Media Temple tells me that there is no problem on that end for remote publishing. I am using the correct information to connect. I guess my questions is how to get my NetObjects Fusion website (Local Publish) over to FileZilla so that I can remotely publish to my gridserver at Temple Media. I see something about an "x" that is very important and don't know whether that applies to my situation. Also, do I need to drag/drop files over to this FileZilla program? I know when I used NetObjects Fusion 4, I didn't have the type of problems that I am having now.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I DO appreciate your help. I'm just frustrated that NetObjects Fusion 12.0 is not working the way I thought it would. I really seems strange to have to find another program to send the website to my host.

Thanks, Jeanette

Perhaps if you post an image of your Nof Remote Publish settings together with details of what you're putting in there, plus the instructions from your host we may be able to sort this out for you. It may be as simple as the fact you are placing the files in the wrong location on your web server or file permissions are not set correctly.

Mike's instructions will pretty much apply to any unix server; not just his Red Hat Linux servers. If you're on Microsoft servers then the setup will be different but I can't help with MS; I've never hosted on an MS server in my entire web career.

Default Pictures of what I have tried to do to publish

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Perhaps if you post an image of your Nof Remote Publish settings together with details of what you're putting in there, plus the instructions from your host we may be able to sort this out for you. It may be as simple as the fact you are placing the files in the wrong location on your web server or file permissions are not set correctly.

Mike's instructions will pretty much apply to any unix server; not just his Red Hat Linux servers. If you're on Microsoft servers then the setup will be different but I can't help with MS; I've never hosted on an MS server in my entire web career.
    Franko, Thank you for suggesting the pictures. I will put four images below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF Publish 1.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	2065

Name:	NOF Publish 2.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	2066

Name:	NOF Publish 3.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	2067

Name:	NOF Publish4.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	2068

These images show my attempt at a Local Publish (See the first image)

The last image (fourth) is what shows in the publish area of the site I am trying to publish.

Image 2 shows my attempt at SFTP Publish

Image 3 shows my attempt at FTP Publish

For the remote publish attempts in images 2 and 3, always it says that it cannot connect with the host: s180372.gridserver.com

Images 1 and 4 show that it publishes some of the things but not all. However, in my Local Publish file on my hard driver, the entire site is listed there.

I hope this helps you to understand what I am doing and if you see anything wrong, please let me know.

Thanks, Jeanette
    Last edited by Jeanette Daniels; 01-22-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: inserted extra letter

And the instructons from your host? One thing I notice is that you don't have a drectory specified on your web host. Make sure you're publishing to the document root (which is the reason I asked for your host's publishing directions). On most unix hosts this will be public_html but it could vary. Don't know what it'd be on MS but it should be something similar.

Default I was told by the host to the directory blank

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    And the instructons from your host? One thing I notice is that you don't have a drectory specified on your web host. Make sure you're publishing to the document root (which is the reason I asked for your host's publishing directions). On most unix hosts this will be public_html but it could vary. Don't know what it'd be on MS but it should be something similar.
    I was told to leave the directory line blank by my host. I will go back and ask why and quote your email. I'm not sure whether Media Temple is unix or MS. I'll ask that as well. Thank you for looking. I'll get back to you with the host's answer. Thanks, Jeanette
    Last edited by Jeanette Daniels; 01-23-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: misspelled a word

You're on a Unix/Linux/BSD type server.

The FTP they're using is Pure-FTPd.

The connection uses SSL/TLS, so you need to be using SFTP.

As Franko pointed out.... you do need to have a directory. Even if it's only / (for the root directory). They probably have you "chained" into a particular directory, which is why they said you didn't need one. But you do.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Default Thanks to everyone - for explaining what may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    You're on a Unix/Linux/BSD type server.

The FTP they're using is Pure-FTPd.

The connection uses SSL/TLS, so you need to be using SFTP.

As Franko pointed out.... you do need to have a directory. Even if it's only / (for the root directory). They probably have you "chained" into a particular directory, which is why they said you didn't need one. But you do.
    Chuck, thank you. I will talk with the Media Temple people tomorrow. I hope that this is the final problem. I really appreciate everyone's help. I will let you know if I can successfully remotely connect my website to Media Temple. Thanks again, Jeanette