Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem publishing Locally and Remotedly

Default Problem publishing Locally and Remotedly

Everyone,

I previously owned NetObjects Fusion 4 and really loved it. I haven't used it for a while. I upgraded to NetObjects Fusion 12 recently and am having difficulty getting anything that I have added to the NetObjects Fusion style I chose to publish locally. Only a few things publish that come with the program but not the content that I have added. It all shows up nicely in the Preview. It all shows up nicely in Publish when I check how the site looks. However, the non-NetObjects Fusion content has not published locally. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jeanette
    Last edited by Jeanette Daniels; 01-14-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: put in a word that doesn't belong

Default No replys yet. I am adding to my problem in hopes that someone will know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Daniels View Post
    Everyone,

I previously owned NetObjects Fusion 4 and really loved it. I haven't used it for a while. I upgraded to NetObjects Fusion 12 recently and am having difficulty getting anything that I have added to the NetObjects Fusion style I chose to publish locally. Only a few things publish that come with the program but not the content that I have added. It all shows up nicely in the Preview. It all shows up nicely in Publish when I check how the site looks. However, the non-NetObjects Fusion content has not published locally. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jeanette
    I get an error message that says that I have a directory that doesn't work. The directory that is automatically made by NetObjects Fusion is: file:///C:/Users/Jeanette/Documents/NetObjects%20Fusion%2012.0/User%20Sites/HeritageBuildingBlocksBirdTeackleWalker/Preview/bird_family.html

So, why doesn't this work. It is generated by the program and tells me that it is an invalid directory. So, I can't publish locally or remotely. Please let me know if you know why what NetObjects Fusion creates for me doesn't allow publishing. Thanks.

Delete the contents of the Preview folder and your publishing problems should go away.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Default I tried to delete the Preview and that didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Delete the contents of the Preview folder and your publishing problems should go away.
    "The publishing directory entered is invalid or can’t be created. Please check your settings and try again." This is the exact error message that I get when trying to publish. I tried to delete the contents of the Preview Folder and apparently what I did didn't work. Is there a particular way to do that that perhaps I am not understanding. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Daniels View Post
    Everyone,

I previously owned NetObjects Fusion 4 and really loved it. I haven't used it for a while. I upgraded to NetObjects Fusion 12 recently and am having difficulty getting anything that I have added to the NetObjects Fusion style I chose to publish locally. .... Thanks, Jeanette
    Hi Jean,

Maybe you bought a pirated software.
    NetObjects.com does not sell NOF v12 for more than a year now ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Default NetObjects Fusion cd came directly from NetObjects Fusion - not pirated

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Hi Jean,

Maybe you bought a pirated software.
    NetObjects.com does not sell NOF v12 for more than a year now ...
    John, Thanks for the suggestion. However, I got an older copy from NetObjects Fusion recently. It is not pirated.

Delete the contents of the Preview folder in Windows Explorer. Then in Assets View verify assets and then go through and delete any assets that have a 0 bytes size. Then export a template not including unused assets. Create a new site from that template (you'll have to have a different name) and then try a local publish.

Default Thank you, Franco. Still have a problem but got further with your help.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Delete the contents of the Preview folder in Windows Explorer. Then in Assets View verify assets and then go through and delete any assets that have a 0 bytes size. Then export a template not including unused assets. Create a new site from that template (you'll have to have a different name) and then try a local publish.
    Franco, thank you for explaining about making the template and deleting information not needed before exporting a template with a new name. I got that far. However, perhaps I am still not understanding - I got a different error message now. The Error message is: "Can't create directory. BirdTeackleWalker.zip\Contribute_to_Project\ "BirdTeackleWalker" is the name I assigned to the template I made. "Contribute to Project" happens to be the last page I made on the website.

I put in the .zip file name I created into the BROWSE area for local publishing. Perhaps I am not understanding what really goes in that area. I have no website to put into the http://website name.com, etc. yet because I haven't remotely published yet. So, I have left that area blank. I would appreciate any input as to what I am still doing wrong. Thank you very much for your help. Jeanette

NoF will create by default a Local Publish folder when you first do a Local Publish. The browse button is for you to direct it to publish in a different folder if you choose. I always accept the default location. So then the Local Publish will be in your NoF site folder.

Default Franco, Thank you for trying to help. I am still getting the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    NoF will create by default a Local Publish folder when you first do a Local Publish. The browse button is for you to direct it to publish in a different folder if you choose. I always accept the default location. So then the Local Publish will be in your NoF site folder.
    Franko, I am not understanding. I've tried what I thought you wrote, but obviously I cannot find the Local Publish Folder created by default. How do I accept the default location? Thanks. Jeanette