Thread: MySQLi Support

Default MySQLi Support

Does 2015's PHP code use MySQLi? Thanks.

Thanks much, Bluesman, for the reply. Sorry for my very brief question. It is of a technical nature and I hoped it would have been picked up by NOF staff.

MySQLi is the newest extension (ummm.... 'protocol'), used in the latest versions of "PHP" (the installed part that's put on servers to serve up the PHP script on the .php pages).

The currently used "MySQL" extension is deprecated, so in future versions will cease to be supported.

So all my sites which now use "MySQL", at some point soon, will have to be edited to accommodate the "MySQLi" way of scripting to connect to, and add/edit/delete db content. Now I'm creating sites with the new MySQLi extension only.

PHP scripts incorporating the MySQLi extension methods can always be added to NOF pages in a couple of ways. However, I love a user interface which takes the tedious, sometimes mundane task of scripting away and provides a point-and-click method, like NOF currently does, albeit with the "MySQL" 'technology'.

Again, thanks for the reply - and you may already have been aware of this info so it's added for clarity to the reader. I suppose it's one of those things best left up to find out myself. My fingers are crossed that when I go ahead and install NOF2015, MySQLi will be there. Or at least is on the drawing board for a pending update.

I think 2015 PHP code does work in MySQLi Because when I upgraded my site page (https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/) I don't have any issue in it.

Quote Originally Posted by milesstone View Post
    I think 2015 PHP code does work in MySQLi Because when I upgraded my site page (https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/) I don't have any issue in it.
    Yes you are absolutely right I am totally agree with you.