Thread: Layout Regions changing even though protected from editing

Default Layout Regions changing even though protected from editing

I have a new site I'm designing, and am trying to get every page in the site to have a layout area that is 760 wide. There are 30+ pages and 3 levels in the tree diagram. My problem is that when previewing/publishing local a certain page, it randomly widens the layout area by a bunch, like to 1300 or something like that. Once this occurs, whether it be on a subpage or home page, it causes other pages to do the same. And when it starts with a subpage, it causes the homepage to widen also. I can adjust the home page back to 760, and again click on "protect from editing" but if I publish another page and it is wide, the homepage is back to being wide. Some of the pages that get wider will not accept my attempts to make them 760 again, with a warning that a certain higher value is the lowest it can go. There are no objects, text, or anything that I am aware of, causing this. One time I had every page resized properly and went one by one and protected the layout area from editing. Didn't change the problem. I'm hoping this is a nubie problem and I'm missing something obvious. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks Bluesman. Actually I think I found the source of the problem, by posting two different problems which caused me to think and do a little more investigating. It seems to be caused by my navbar situation. I have a vertical navbar on the left side in the master border, and a horizontal one up top. When I select something from the left navbar, it changes the top navbar to have all of the selections and subselections that are in the left one, causing it to widen the page drastically. My intent was to have the two navbar groups totally independent, such that one doesn't change the other. Trying now to learn how to do that!

you can do that easy by selecting custom radio button in the navbar properties, then add the pages from left to right that you need in each navbar, you can also hang flyouts under some of these pages

Do you have any issue's in sharing videos or Photos without editing them? if so then I suggest you to download this YO WhatsApp and solve this issue.