Thread: Navigation bar behavior

Default Navigation bar behavior

I may as well ask this one also while I am at it: I have a horizontal nav bar across the top of my site, typical "about" "contact" etc. Then along the side I have a vertical nav bar, with a custom structure. Both are within the master border. My intent was to have the side navbars totally independent of the top navbars. However when I test this, selecting something on the side bars causes the top bars to change to that selection, and arrays all the sub-selections across horizontally. How do I get the two nav bar groups to be totally independent?

They are child pages under a page that is set to "exclude from navigation." And yet all the page names jump onto the top navbar when the side one is used.

A standard navbar is automatically generated based on site structure. So two standard navbars on a page will be the same.

One or both of your navbars need to be set to custom so you can have just the pages you want included.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

That's the thing; my side navbar is set to custom, my top one is set to site. There are 20 pages total including subpages, which are accessed from the side navbars. All are under the home page, several of them each have several pages under them. Clicking on any of those changes to top navbar to be all of those 20 pages. Plus the original bars including "home" disappear.

What are your custom settings? It may be you have a check box checked that shouldn't have, or you haven't structured the custom pages correctly. Paste some screengrabs showing your custom settings.

I also had a similar issue with my site page (https://gbapps.net/fmwhatsapp-apk-download/) which is now solved by visiting this post thaks.