Thread: few questions from noob

Default few questions from noob

Hello all,

below please find questions, I can not find anwsers in help. Any advice would be great!

1. How to insert background pictrue for the website? I need to have it in say, 60% opacity
    2. When placing navigation bar on page, how to place it automaticly on evry page of the website in exactly the same positon?
    3. When I open the website in preview, it only allows opening in IE. I have changed it in options to firefox, but is still opens in IE
    4. Where is the setting allowing the text and website to be centered when opened? I mean, when I preview website, the site is aligned to the left of the screen and not in the middle

Thakns for anwsers!

Hi Pistol,

You have to stop shooting and clean the pistol first.
    This means you have to play with NOF until the answers come to you.

Always play and learn on mock web sites, not on the one you work on for a customer ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Well, that was not very helpful, to be honest, anyway I manged to solve nr 3 and 4, but still questions nr 1 and 2 stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Hello all,

below please find questions, I can not find anwsers in help. Any advice would be great!

1. How to insert background pictrue for the website? I need to have it in say, 60% opacity
    2. When placing navigation bar on page, how to place it automaticly on evry page of the website in exactly the same positon?

Thakns for anwsers!
    Hi there,

1). Start a mock web site.
    Click anywhere on the page. Press F3. You now have the Layout properties window open.
    Click on the 4th icon at the top: Background.
    At 'Image', click on the down arrow. Select 'Browse ...'
    Choose the pic you want for background. Click OK.

You cannot have opacity levels set in NOF v2013.
    It's better you process your image in your graphics software (Paint included) and set opacity there, not in NOF which has no such feature of adjusting opacities.

2). You can set the position automatically but that implies you have the same Master border throughout the web site.
    It's better you set different Master Borders for every page and then fix the navigation bar by hand in the desired position, such as x: 120, y: 60.

Like I said, you have to play with NOF until the "secrets" are no longer secrets.

You have to develop your own thinking which comes from exercising.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Well, that was not very helpful, to be honest, anyway I manged to solve nr 3 and 4, but still questions nr 1 and 2 stand
    Pete,

Leave honesty aside for the time being. Now build some skills YOUR WAY.

Thanks, Since_v4

anyway I managed to find out the backgroudn stuff in order not to have background pic repeated go to page view - text (at the top of the site) choose manage styles - find body - edit, choose background, and mark repeat: none....that was quite a thing to find... In as solution you provide, I could only choose background picture and not much more.

For oppacity I have used gimp, changed oppacity of the picture and saved it as png, which is somehow better than jpg....although I have read artickle saying you can have a jpg file with changed oppacity..it didn't work, anyway

problems with preview in different brwsers was solved after saving page, closing essentials and restarting the program. it worked.

I still can not find a setting for navigation bars and banners, but I will.....or maybe someone knows where this damned setting is?