Thread: Custom web-snippets in NOF2015?

Default Custom web-snippets in NOF2015?

Ok, here I post my first question as suggested by Barbara:

In NOF 2015, is it possible to create custom (persistent) web snippets which then can be reused or are there only pre-configured web-snippets? If yes: How can they be created, stored, reused?

When I first took a look at Snippets, this was the first thing that came to mind. Alas, it appears that for the time being, the answer is "No".

For the most part, the things that snippets work with are not the types of things you would re-use. They can't be used for complex script embeds that need parts in the <HEAD> and parts in the <BODY>, for example.

Creating a library of re-usable snippets, if even within a given site, could be a useful addition. Time and usage will tell if there are any *functional* snippets that would have any reusable value. How many times would you embed a particular Google Map view, for example?

For the time being, it's pretty easy to find a used snippet, and copy-paste to a new snippet.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Ray, I mean the creation of custom snippets and storing them in a repository of the application. In a new website project, these snippets could then be re-used by dragging them from the repository panel to the design area of the web page.

Yep. I gotcha. I initially had the exact same thoughts as you. My answer stands.

Have a look here for some insights into snippets.

I don't think creating a library of code bits was what NO had in mind. More a way to visually see the impact of an embedded piece in the layout.

What sort of code would you envision wanting to use on multiple web sites?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default Please make this test

From the NOF WIKI link you provided this seems to be simply a box where you can paste some HTML code, like in other similar web editors.

Now the most interesting question is: Is the HTML code you paste in this box rendered in the design view? Because in other similar website editors this is not rendered in the design view.

Please make me the favor and try the following: Insert the following code in the web-snippet box and tell me whether it is rendered in the design view:

Code:
    <p>I am a <i>piece</i> of <b>HTML</b> code</p>
    Maybe you could make a screenshot of the result in design view.

If it gets rendered in design view I will buy a NOF2015 license straightaway.

Your wish is my command.

Two snippets in Layout View.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snippets.png 
Views:	353 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	2079
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Many thanks, Ray. This looks nice! With "Layout View" do you mean "design view", i.e. where you place objects on the page?

I don't know how many views NOF has.
    Last edited by Peter Panino; 01-27-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Yes. Sorry. "Design View".
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I also wanted to do the same with my site page for this fm whatsapp and I am very thankful to you for sharing this info about site snippet.